British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Thankfully, no phone call needed. Just arrived. :D

To me that reads like you suspect Pinegen have that most hated of things an

Indian Callcentre

Still no speedway star in Workington, but I know some have arrived, maybe tomorrow ?

Got mine today, its arrived a few times on a Monday during lockdown even once on a Tuesday, as long as it gets here thats the main thing.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, tyretrax said:

The RM told me my complaint isn't with them but with SS. They have a contract with SS, not me, so it's up to SS to complain. :blink:

All I got was a computer generated general reply mentioning COVID problems. Their complaint system is utter rubbish a bit like their deliveries at the moment.

• Like 1

It's not just the star, my wife posted a small packet first class to our son from the Midlands to London 13 days ago . Got there today

Speedway star arrived today, 5 days for a 1st class post, by 3rd class royal mail !!. Can the speedway star not claim off the royal mail for poor delivery ?

Royal Mail is like all other delivery companies these days, they are all under extreme pressure due to increased volume due to the lockdown. Many delivery businesses have increased demand, which in one way is a positive, but they all have staff who are human and suffer from this pandemic same as the rest of the population. Some workers will belong to families who have a vulnerable member, so isolation kicks in. Some will have fallen foul to COVID itself. I been waiting for a relatively small parcel to be delivered for about 10 days now, haven’t got a clue who is delivering it, but there is not a lot I can do but be patient and wait. Not having the Speedway Star for a few days is not anything to throw the dummy out of the pram about. Bigger crisis in many lives going on. Get over it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Neila said:

Speedway star arrived today, 5 days for a 1st class post, by 3rd class royal mail !!. Can the speedway star not claim off the royal mail for poor delivery ?

APPARENTLY not ...

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Royal Mail is like all other delivery companies these days, they are all under extreme pressure due to increased volume due to the lockdown. Many delivery businesses have increased demand, which in one way is a positive, but they all have staff who are human and suffer from this pandemic same as the rest of the population. Some workers will belong to families who have a vulnerable member, so isolation kicks in. Some will have fallen foul to COVID itself. I been waiting for a relatively small parcel to be delivered for about 10 days now, haven’t got a clue who is delivering it, but there is not a lot I can do but be patient and wait. Not having the Speedway Star for a few days is not anything to throw the dummy out of the pram about. Bigger crisis in many lives going on. Get over it.

Yes I can get your point, but if the speedway star ( and subscriber's ) are paying for a 1st class postage fee, surly a 1st class delivery is expected, would say 3 days tops to deliver items, not 5 days or more !!

Edited by Neila

Going to get worse, silly season called Christmas on the way, can you just imagine another increase in volume through delivery systems in general.

Mine arrived today (25-11-2020 ) it traveled by donky express as the pony express was made redundant in the last R M cuts.

I wonder if I will get the next issue on Thuesday???