British Speedway Forum

Mine is late again, but others in Hull recieved theirs.  Occured to me I think it is because its not in a brown envelope no more I bet its treated as junk mail so not important, I know the magazine is sent in clear bags for a reason.  So maybe it looks like junk mail and could be the reason that when it comes to sorting out priorities as we also get catalouges (requested or not) and leaflets in these wrappers.  Other post, including magazines, still arrives ok and is posted in envelopes....

40 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

Mine is late again, but others in Hull recieved theirs.  Occured to me I think it is because its not in a brown envelope no more I bet its treated as junk mail so not important, I know the magazine is sent in clear bags for a reason.  So maybe it looks like junk mail and could be the reason that when it comes to sorting out priorities as we also get catalouges (requested or not) and leaflets in these wrappers.  Other post, including magazines, still arrives ok and is posted in envelopes....

Email ssdigital@pinegen.co.uk and we will send a link to this week's mag. As much as we are frustrated by late postal deliveries, the problems lay with local sorting offices. Over 95 per cent of subs are delivered by Friday although, of course, having paid a first class fee we would expect Thursday.

10 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Email ssdigital@pinegen.co.uk and we will send a link to this week's mag. As much as we are frustrated by late postal deliveries, the problems lay with local sorting offices. Over 95 per cent of subs are delivered by Friday although, of course, having paid a first class fee we would expect Thursday.

Thanks, email sent, a digtal copy is better than nothing but still prefer the paper version, Post Office deliveries permitting....

6 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Thanks, email sent, a digtal copy is better than nothing but still prefer the paper version, Post Office deliveries permitting....

BEING pedantic again, and as previously mentioned, it is Royal Mail ... the Post Office is a separate entity.

And sadly Philip the Royal Mail delivery service will not get any better after the first class postal rates increase to 85p for a normal first class letter on 1st January 2021.

Edited by Robbie B

12 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

And sadly Philip the Royal Mail delivery service will not get any better after the first class postal rates increase to 85p for a normal first class letter on 1st January 2021.

SO true:angry:

17 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GOOD news... hope it was worth the wait

Always a good read,I enjoy the winter articles,brings back memories.

Link arrived early this morn, so plenty to read, thanks....

Just a thought, has the Speedway Star ever considered going on 'Readily'? 

I don't know of how it works in regards revenue for the magazine and if it might actually tempt subscribers to look at the 'free' content instead (there's a monthly subscription to pay, but it's for pretty much unlimited magazines). I get monthly issues of magazines on there that I wouldn't ever think of buying a hard copy, but it keeps my interest going (eg gardening, photography etc). There's some really obscure sports have their mags on there which I am sure wouldn't be viable through hard copy sales, so maybe it keeps them afloat?

It might just attract former fans back into the fold again and of course it keeps the sport slightly more in the public eye.

25 minutes ago, Garry1603 said:

Just a thought, has the Speedway Star ever considered going on 'Readily'? 

I don't know of how it works in regards revenue for the magazine and if it might actually tempt subscribers to look at the 'free' content instead (there's a monthly subscription to pay, but it's for pretty much unlimited magazines). I get monthly issues of magazines on there that I wouldn't ever think of buying a hard copy, but it keeps my interest going (eg gardening, photography etc). There's some really obscure sports have their mags on there which I am sure wouldn't be viable through hard copy sales, so maybe it keeps them afloat?

It might just attract former fans back into the fold again and of course it keeps the sport slightly more in the public eye.

THANKS ... we did look at a similar system but the figures didn't work for us.

• Like 1

No Speedway Star again - I think it has arrived once on a Thursday in the last six weeks.  Not really a problem but just a little annoying.

Got mine today no problems. Good job, I need a week to get thru it. Lol

Royal Mail has acknowledged delays to its deliveries amid "exceptionally high volumes" of post and anti-Covid measures. Despite "exhaustive planning", customers may be experiencing "slightly longer delivery timescales." It came as people complained of late or missed deliveries... tell us about it!