British Speedway Forum

No star this week, I've sent for a digital copy at about 1 o'clock but nothing back yet. Is the email address manned over the weekend anyone know

3 minutes ago, bruno said:

No star this week, I've sent for a digital copy at about 1 o'clock but nothing back yet. Is the email address manned over the weekend anyone know

You will enjoy it when you get it- top edition this week. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

You will enjoy it when you get it- top edition this week. ;)

Not sure about that - one or two dodgy photos not up to the expected level?!

2 hours ago, bruno said:

SORRY for the delay ... has been sent now

I enjoyed reading the five part Rhodesia Speedway History by Brian Burford in the Speedway Star over the past five weeks. That was an excellent read, absolutely fascinating stuff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bavarian said:

I enjoyed reading the five part Rhodesia Speedway History by Brian Burford in the Speedway Star over the past five weeks. That was an excellent read, absolutely fascinating stuff.

I totally agree with this. In fact, there have been many fascinating pieces in the Star since lockdown.

I'd love to see more such articles.   How about a piece on Hevingham the track that staged one meeting in the mid 70s and then got 'buried' apparently.  Or something about the Mike Parker attempt to get speedway going near Rimini in Italy in the mid to late 60s.  

On an entirely personal note, I'd love to hear the story of the Melville/Rycroft promotion at Oxford in1964. Lasted a year and I think a lot happened.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, coldace said:

I totally agree with this. In fact, there have been many fascinating pieces in the Star since lockdown.

I'd love to see more such articles.   How about a piece on Hevingham the track that staged one meeting in the mid 70s and then got 'buried' apparently.  Or something about the Mike Parker attempt to get speedway going near Rimini in Italy in the mid to late 60s.  

On an entirely personal note, I'd love to hear the story of the Melville/Rycroft promotion at Oxford in1964. Lasted a year and I think a lot happened.

Keep up the good work.

The year Oxford won three competitions and not to be repeated until 1985 during the Nielsen era. However, apparently, the crowds weren't that good despite the on-track success and the promoters left and Danny Dunton and Ted Flanaghan took over the following season.

51 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

The year Oxford won three competitions and not to be repeated until 1985 during the Nielsen era. However, apparently, the crowds weren't that good despite the on-track success and the promoters left and Danny Dunton and Ted Flanaghan took over the following season.

The crowds were not so bad but there were a lot of meetings that year and some 'fillers'.  I'd imagine the problem was the costs.  It would have cost a bit to get Ron How and I believe they were after Briggs at one time. A very enjoyable year though after the problems of 61, 62 and 63. 

• Like 1

On 22/01/2021 at 7:20 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

SORRY for the delay ... has been sent now

Hiya Phil once again I've had no star, I've sent for a digital copy about 1 o'clock but haven't received anything yet. Any chance you can pull some strings

12 minutes ago, bruno said:

Hiya Phil once again I've had no star, I've sent for a digital copy about 1 o'clock but haven't received anything yet. Any chance you can pull some strings

DONE ...

Mine has arrived on time (Friday mornings) here in Bavaria in the last couple of weeks again, after a few delays over the Christmas/New Year period. No complaints here!  

4 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Mine has arrived on time (Friday mornings) here in Bavaria in the last couple of weeks again, after a few delays over the Christmas/New Year period. No complaints here!  

SUB deliveries certainly seemed to have improved since Christmas