Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Seems to be a local issue here we tend to get 1 delivery a week now

Guest compost

Question for Phil.

Any idea why the British Library only has copies of the Star to 2009 ?  I thought they got a copy of every British publication or has that requirement changed ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, compost said:

Question for Phil.

Any idea why the British Library only has copies of the Star to 2009 ?  I thought they got a copy of every British publication or has that requirement changed ?

Thanks

TWO copies sent every week although the location has changed

Guest compost
On 2/2/2021 at 11:22 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

TWO copies sent every week although the location has changed

Thanks Phil. What do you mean by 'the location has changed' ?  Is that the place you send them to or the place they are available at ?  I went to the new building by King's X station (can't remember its name). Nothing beyond 2009 was listed on their system though (well as far as I could work out).

1 hour ago, compost said:

Thanks Phil. What do you mean by 'the location has changed' ?  Is that the place you send them to or the place they are available at ?  I went to the new building by King's X station (can't remember its name). Nothing beyond 2009 was listed on their system though (well as far as I could work out).

WHERE we send them ... believe it is Scotland. Will try for an exact address

23 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHERE we send them ... believe it is Scotland. Will try for an exact address

Would that be the Agency for the Legal Deposit Libraries, which is at 21 Marnin Way, Edinburgh, EH12 9GD?

It moved to Edinburgh from Euston Street in London in 2009.

Although it seems this is unrelated to the British Library archives. They just represent the 5 other deposit libraries in the UK...so maybe this isn't the right place.

Edited by HenryW

Hiya Phil I haven't received the star again this week, I sent an email about half one but not received a digital copy yet. Do I need to include renewal number or is just the postcode ok

2 hours ago, bruno said:

Hiya Phil I haven't received the star again this week, I sent an email about half one but not received a digital copy yet. Do I need to include renewal number or is just the postcode ok

HAS been sent ... sorry for the delay

• Like 1

SAD to report that Paul Parish, who was Editor of Speedway Star between 1963 and 1979, died last week. A tribute to Paul will appear in SS this and next week. He was a terrific colleague for many years and have very many happy memories of our time together.

I know this was mentioned earlier in this topic and is regarding postage covers. We get Commercial Motor delivered by RTM media and they have switched to white envelopes in recent weeks from the clear/ polythene covers. Result is that it has been delivered every Thursday since the envelope has changed. Before it was erratic from Thursday to Monday deliveries. Possibly could help Speedway Star, although I do understand it has an expense attached to it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SAD to report that Paul Parish, who was Editor of Speedway Star between 1963 and 1979, died last week. A tribute to Paul will appear in SS this and next week. He was a terrific colleague for many years and have very many happy memories of our time together.

Sad news indeed. A name synonymous with speedway during the seventies.

Edited by steve roberts

16 minutes ago, Biffa said:

I know this was mentioned earlier in this topic and is regarding postage covers. We get Commercial Motor delivered by RTM media and they have switched to white envelopes in recent weeks from the clear/ polythene covers. Result is that it has been delivered every Thursday since the envelope has changed. Before it was erratic from Thursday to Monday deliveries. Possibly could help Speedway Star, although I do understand it has an expense attached to it. 

THANKS for the info ... 

Is there a holdup with the latest Speedway Star (dated 20th February). My on-line edition isn't showing this morning?

2 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Is there a holdup with the latest Speedway Star (dated 20th February). My on-line edition isn't showing this morning?

AVAILABLE at one minute past midnight on a Thursday