British Speedway Forum

Humble apologies Phil - I thought today was Thursday! Either old age or Covid confusion!!!

46 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Humble apologies Phil - I thought today was Thursday! Either old age or Covid confusion!!!

NO worries ... every day seems the same. Enjoy tomorrow, good issue again

Hiya Phil 

I've not received my star again , I requested a digital version about half 3 but haven't received anything yet. Anything you can do? 

25 minutes ago, bruno said:

Hiya Phil 

I've not received my star again , I requested a digital version about half 3 but haven't received anything yet. Anything you can do? 

DONE

My star again didn’t come on Thursday or Friday this week so I emailed for a digital issue and it came through very quickly, I will be seriously considering this for the future, very impressed.

Paper copy arrived in Saturdays post, that’s 4 days for RM to deliver something 24 miles away, absolutely abysmal.

10 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

My star again didn’t come on Thursday or Friday this week so I emailed for a digital issue and it came through very quickly, I will be seriously considering this for the future, very impressed.

Paper copy arrived in Saturdays post, that’s 4 days for RM to deliver something 24 miles away, absolutely abysmal.

BEGINNING with the issue dated March 10th, around 60 per cent of printed subscription copies will be delivered not by Royal Mail but NewsTeam, a rapidly expanding company that hand deliver thousands of national newspapers and periodicals every day. At present their distribution network does not cover the whole of the UK so the rest of our subscription magazines will still be handled by Royal Mail.

You may have seen newspapers like the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Telegraph and the Daily Mirror offering free delivery along with subscriptions. With more and more newsagents either closing down completely or not offering home delivery, NewsTeam are rapidly filling the gap but obviously the more newspapers and mags they can deliver the more viable their company becomes.

If we do experience any problems (which we certainly don't envisage) we can immediately switch a subscription from NewsTeam back to Royal Mail. In either case we will continue to offer a digital link to any print subscriber not receiving their copy of SS up to and including Friday of each week.

We are indebted to all those who have remained loyal to SS, no matter how you purchase it. Thank you and hopefully better times lay ahead.

3 days of heavy rain no sign of a postman/person whatever hope it comes today 2 hrs in the bath without my comic aint the same ;)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

3 days of heavy rain no sign of a postman/person whatever hope it comes today 2 hrs in the bath without my comic aint the same ;)

HAVE had my daily newspaper(s) delivered by NewsTeam for over a year and they have not missed once. In fact, paper arrives around 5am in the morning. 

I used to have the Speedway Star delivered but when my local Tesco store started stocking it I thought I would buy it there instead. It costs me more money to do this but I wanted to effectively prove to Tescos that there were people out there who would actually buy the magazine.

I live approximately three miles from Halifax and my local Tescos always has five magazines for sale on the Thursday. By the following week there is only either one or two copies left so it shows there is the interest/market there.

Keep up the good work Phil and fingers crossed that you have so much more current info to report on once the season finally gets underway.

It does seem strange that last week on Monday I called the office at just gone noon to say my SS (dated 13th) had not arrived. First post Tuesday at about 9.30am, a brown envelope,  a see through packaged magazine & a bill dropped through my letter box, hence 2 Stars. On Thursday, a see through packaged magazine dropped through the letter box. Why does it differ that much one week to the next? So frustrating but can be costly for Pinegen.

Not had mine today, requested a replacement. Probably get two tomorrow. Got the digital version but can't take that in the bath

• Like 1

Really happy with the digital subscription I have taken out.

I ended up taking out the subscription, as it now appears that none of the supermarkets in Carlisle wish to stock the magazine.

Hiya Phil , a bit of information for you. Still not received my star from last week but ordered a replacement yesterday which has arrived today in a brown envelope. I think the see thru packaging must have an effect. Hope I'm in the right area for your new delivery people