British Speedway Forum

21 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

Really happy with the digital subscription I have taken out.

I ended up taking out the subscription, as it now appears that none of the supermarkets in Carlisle wish to stock the magazine.

Certainly looks like the best option going forward, I will be changing when my subs needs renewing

Going slightly sideways, which is what we do in speedway, though staying mostly on topic;  I recently tried to buy rugby league publications for an uncle's birthday.  I drew a blank everywhere I tried; supermarkets, newsagents, garages, etc.  I told him as such and he replied "I'm not surprised (that I drew a blank), they aren't printed in the off-season (I subsequently discovered that they are) no-one would buy them as there is nothing going on, they are only sold in the actual season.  There are only 12 teams in the top league (UK) anyway so there wouldn't be much to write about out of season".   I mentioned Speedway Star is printed all year and in a 'normal' close-season contains features, interviews, team & season reviews, possible team news, etc, and assmumed publicaions of other sports would also be printed all year, they certainly are in other motorsport, he was extremely surprised.  For some reason I forgot to mention there are 6 teams in the 'top' league of British Speedway....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling

Speedway Star arrived at 6.30 this morning so great start to the new system.

Somewhat bemused. Today the Speedway Star for which I have an annual subscription  and normally comes by post, was delivered by local newsagent with morning paper

Mine hand delivered at 6.25 this morning.

Took me a minute to realise what it was as face down and no longer has the wrapper (cost saving presumably)

Great service

14 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Somewhat bemused. Today the Speedway Star for which I have an annual subscription  and normally comes by post, was delivered by local newsagent with morning paper

They said that some areas were moving away from Royal Mail and on to direct delivery 

19 minutes ago, noaksey said:

They said that some areas were moving away from Royal Mail and on to direct delivery 

STARTED this week ... 

• Like 1

Mine arrived at 4.54 this morning, no envelope, so I couldn’t figure how this happened. We have doorbell camera, that’s how I knew. Good job.

54 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Mine arrived at 4.54 this morning, no envelope, so I couldn’t figure how this happened. We have doorbell camera, that’s how I knew. Good job.

SEEMS to be working fine ...

Mine arrived as usual this morning via Royal Mail with the rest of my mail.

40 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Mine arrived as usual this morning via Royal Mail with the rest of my mail.

ABOUT 60 per cent of SS subs will be delivered by NewsTeam. They are adding postcodes all the time. Thanks for the info....

Mine came through today with no plastic envelope or paper address sheet.  I have no idea how it got here as the normal post cane 2 hours or so later via the Royal Mail. Strange or what?  Is there a new delivery method in the Cradley Heath/Dudley area?

Edited by berniev123

17 minutes ago, berniev123 said:

Mine came through today with no plastic envelope or paper address sheet.  I have no idea how it got here as the normal post cane 2 hours or so later via the Royal Mail. Strange or what?  Is there a new delivery method in the Cradley Heath/Dudley area?

WE are using NewsTeam, who distribute national newspapers and are now including magazines, and deliver by hand. As stated above, for starters around 60 per cent of subs will be delivered this way with more coming on stream in the weeks and months ahead.

• Like 1

Thanks Philip for the update about my Speedway Star delivery today.  I will have to be ready for it to come early then next week then!  Good luck with the new delivery system and I hope it works for you.