British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Well I've still not received last week's star yet,  delivery had got back to normal just after Christmas so don't know if the latest disruption is due to the new courier,  I'm not bothering contacting pinegen as if it does arrive will be a week old and hopefully this week's will arrive.

Snap.  Assuming it does arrive up here in Linlithgow today/tomorrow possibly along with this weeks I'll have plenty reading.

1 hour ago, edmon said:

Snap.  Assuming it does arrive up here in Linlithgow today/tomorrow possibly along with this weeks I'll have plenty reading.

SEE response above ...

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PLEASE let me know ... would you like a digital link to last week? Email ssdigital@pinegen.co.uk with your postcode

No thanks,  I'm hoping it will arrive along with this week's,  rather than contact pinegen and have them sending out another copy and ending up with two I have no problem if it doesn't arrive buying one from the newsagent on this occasion

Another who hasn't received last week's edition yet...

20 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE you called the office?

Not yet Phil..i renewed my subscription quite tight to its expiry, so initially assumed the delay was down to that.

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow with this weeks, i'll give them a bell.....

34 minutes ago, frigbo said:

Not yet Phil..i renewed my subscription quite tight to its expiry, so initially assumed the delay was down to that.

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow with this weeks, i'll give them a bell.....

PLEASE do ...

On 3/20/2021 at 5:27 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

Philip,

Just want to say one satisfied customer with the new delivery service down here in Herne Bay.

As always a good read this week... and full marks to all involved with the Speedway Star for keeping the stories, interviews and features going throughout the past 12 months.

Hi  Phillip.

Just to say for the second week I have been reading my Star whilst eating my breakfast.

Thanks , I hope the new style of  delivery service continues and that the post is kicked into touch. The past history about the various makes of machines I

found very interesting. I totally agree with the above post.

Regards  from a very satisfied reader.

• Like 1

Same here, arrived 7 o'clock just having a glance thru before work. Excellent service and that's coming from an ex postie

mine arrived before breakfast last week ... so woke up thinking I would have it to read this morning --but as yet not arrived so I will be patient and await its arrival ! 

12 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

mine arrived before breakfast last week ... so woke up thinking I would have it to read this morning --but as yet not arrived so I will be patient and await its arrival ! 

Could you email your postcode to ssdigital@pinegen.co.uk and we can check that you are on the non Royal Mail list...

I trust other subscribers are getting a better delivery service than I am since this switch to this ‘personal delivery’ service.

If mine doesn’t improve next week I will be cancelling my subscription.

WEEK 1

The magazine was half inside / half outside the letter box. It was all creased and the front cover had been damaged such that the pages ‘caught’ each other as you turned from page to page. Had to place the magazine under a very heavy box for a day to ‘flatten’ it out.

WEEK 2

The magazine delivered today is now in the bin!!

It again was half inside / half outside the letter box.

The half inside was torn around 2 inches across and the half outside sodden wet – it had rained sometime before I was up and about this morning at 7.00am.

As I tried carefully to remove it from the letter box the sodden half just turned to a squelchy messy pulp.

Just why the person delivering the magazine cannot push it carefully and fully through the letter box so that it drops inside the house is beyond me – other than him/her being lazy and not giving a damn.

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PLEASE do ...

Nothing has arrived today, so will give the office a bell..

Thanks

1 hour ago, BarracudaAce said:

I trust other subscribers are getting a better delivery service than I am since this switch to this ‘personal delivery’ service.

If mine doesn’t improve next week I will be cancelling my subscription.

WEEK 1

The magazine was half inside / half outside the letter box. It was all creased and the front cover had been damaged such that the pages ‘caught’ each other as you turned from page to page. Had to place the magazine under a very heavy box for a day to ‘flatten’ it out.

WEEK 2

The magazine delivered today is now in the bin!!

It again was half inside / half outside the letter box.

The half inside was torn around 2 inches across and the half outside sodden wet – it had rained sometime before I was up and about this morning at 7.00am.

As I tried carefully to remove it from the letter box the sodden half just turned to a squelchy messy pulp.

Just why the person delivering the magazine cannot push it carefully and fully through the letter box so that it drops inside the house is beyond me – other than him/her being lazy and not giving a damn.

SORRY to hear that ... please email your postcode to ssdigital@pinegen.co.uk

Will send you a link to the digital version, mail a replacement copy and inform NewsTeam of your displeasure. They will contact the person delivering your mag.

We are trying our best to keep publishing through these tough teams without skimping on the content or raising the cover price. But that does not mean you should have your magazine delivered in that condition.

My apologies ...