British Speedway Forum

Phil, 
I didn’t receive my copy last week and nothing as yet today.   
I emailed Subs@pinegen & tweeted twice but no response which is disappointing 

I fully understand that delivery process changes can lead to problems, but a lack of response to messages isn’t great. 
My subscription is out of loyalty rather than need, so I do expect a bit of better customer service to be honest!   
Paul 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Phil, 
I didn’t receive my copy last week and nothing as yet today.   
I emailed Subs@pinegen & tweeted twice but no response which is disappointing 

I fully understand that delivery process changes can lead to problems, but a lack of response to messages isn’t great. 
My subscription is out of loyalty rather than need, so I do expect a bit of better customer service to be honest!   
Paul 

WHAT is your postcode so we can look through our emails. Emails are usually answered daily, although last week we moved office and were offline for a couple of days. Did you send to subs@pinegen.co.uk?

Apologies ..

Edited by PHILIPRISING

4.30am this morning

Even earlier than last week

Thankfully the dog woke me to let me know it had been delivered......p

• Like 2

Thanks for the early morning delivery again this morning . Certainly before 6am.

I really enjoyed the Wimbledon related articles. Excellent breakfast reading.

Thanks to Philip and the team

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHAT is your postcode so we can look through our emails. Emails are usually answered daily, although last week we moved office and were offline for a couple of days. Did you send to subs@pinegen.co.uk?

Apologies ..

Andrew S has now emailed thanks Phil.  
Hopefully this week’s edition will show up at some point.  
appreciate you’re doing your best to keep things going!  

22 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SORRY to hear that ... please email your postcode to ssdigital@pinegen.co.uk

Will send you a link to the digital version, mail a replacement copy and inform NewsTeam of your displeasure. They will contact the person delivering your mag.

We are trying our best to keep publishing through these tough teams without skimping on the content or raising the cover price. But that does not mean you should have your magazine delivered in that condition.

My apologies ...

Thank you Philip, I have now sent an email.

I think the Speedway Star team has done a fantastic job through these difficult times to enable us all to enjoy our weekly speedway reading fix.

My anger yesterday was fairly and squarely aimed at the delivery person. Probably exacerbated by the fact that on Wednesday there had been a huge bunch of junk mail fully posted through my letterbox and laid there on the doormat in pristine condition!!

Last weeks magazine never arrived and lo and behold this weeks is another no show, i always recieved my copy first post Thursday and always on Friday even during the first lock down. This new personal service is bobbins, i order Spanish language mags from Unique in Newcastle and Newsstand down in Essex, both deliver the day after ordering, i have bought several cd,s during the past few weeks all delivered within two to three days so there is no problem with Royal Mail where i am. If this carries on after 51 years of buying the star this will be the last sadly. Im going to contact the office and as i dont want a mag over a week or two old will ask if they can extend the subscription to cover the missing mags.

Think they should change the title of this page to, "Hey dude where's my Star?":cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Last weeks magazine never arrived and lo and behold this weeks is another no show, i always recieved my copy first post Thursday and always on Friday even during the first lock down. This new personal service is bobbins, i order Spanish language mags from Unique in Newcastle and Newsstand down in Essex, both deliver the day after ordering, i have bought several cd,s during the past few weeks all delivered within two to three days so there is no problem with Royal Mail where i am. If this carries on after 51 years of buying the star this will be the last sadly. Im going to contact the office and as i dont want a mag over a week or two old will ask if they can extend the subscription to cover the missing mags.

WE will ... what is your postcode please

Rang the office yesterday and 2 brown enveloped mags (sounds dodgy!) arrived mid-morning today..

Let's see what next week brings....

On 3/24/2021 at 8:15 AM, edmon said:

Snap.  Assuming it does arrive up here in Linlithgow today/tomorrow possibly along with this weeks I'll have plenty reading.

Sent an email , but Dave says they've run out of copies,  Got a pdf copy sent while they are await paper copies from the printer.  This weeks arrived yesterday by Royal Mail,

Edited by edmon

On 3/25/2021 at 11:19 AM, BarracudaAce said:

I trust other subscribers are getting a better delivery service than I am since this switch to this ‘personal delivery’ service.

If mine doesn’t improve next week I will be cancelling my subscription.

WEEK 1

The magazine was half inside / half outside the letter box. It was all creased and the front cover had been damaged such that the pages ‘caught’ each other as you turned from page to page. Had to place the magazine under a very heavy box for a day to ‘flatten’ it out.

WEEK 2

The magazine delivered today is now in the bin!!

It again was half inside / half outside the letter box.

The half inside was torn around 2 inches across and the half outside sodden wet – it had rained sometime before I was up and about this morning at 7.00am.

As I tried carefully to remove it from the letter box the sodden half just turned to a squelchy messy pulp.

Just why the person delivering the magazine cannot push it carefully and fully through the letter box so that it drops inside the house is beyond me – other than him/her being lazy and not giving a damn.

Perhaps leaving a post it note on the letter box on Wednesday night asking them to make sure they post it through the letter box properly might be worth a try?

• Like 1

WE had asked NewsTeam to instruct those delivering SS that they push mag through a letterbox. Teething problems but we appreciate the patience of you guys. 

• Like 1

Still not received this week edition, most frustrating

48 minutes ago, tyke said:

Still not received this week edition, most frustrating

WHAT is your postcode .... if you want access to the digital version send an email to ssdigital@pinegen.co.uk