British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE will ... what is your postcode please

Hi Phil

I e-mailed the office and got an immediate response, they have extended my subscription by one issue to cover the mag that never arrived two weeks ago and have posted me a copy of this weeks by Royal Mail, if this news team continue not delivering the only solutions i can see is to pay for postage myself to have the mag sent by Royal mail if possible or cancel the subscription and buy the mag as and when i see it on the shelves, i cant e-mail the office every week, the team at the star have worked wonders to publish a great magazine over the past year, it would be a pity if this new delivery company result in people cancelling,

IN each of the past two weeks NewsTeam have taken over the delivery of around 2,000 subscription copies of Speedway Star. This move was brought about following a winter of problems with Royal Mail (often because of staff shortages exacerbated by Covid, a backlog at sorting offices, etc). NewsTeam had built up a solid reputation for delivering daily newspapers and were expanding their portfolio. By coincidence I have had my newspapers delivered by them for over a year and have not missed a single day.

That said, around 50 copies have failed to reach their destination, for all sorts of reasons. It is a very small percentage but one is one too many. We take seriously the loyalty of those subscribers who have stayed with us throughout this difficult period.

We are working closely with NewsTeam to identify those who have not received their copy or have found it in a less than acceptable condition. The cost of delivering SS to subscribers, whether by Royal Mail or NewsTeam, is borne by Pinegen Limited. An annual subscription saves £36 as against purchasing from a retail outlet and there is no delivery charge.

But that does not mean that we do not shoulder the responsibility for delivering our product on time and without damage.

There are some addresses that are not suitable for NewsTeam delivery and, as these become apparent, we will endeavour to switch them back to Royal Mail. 

Many subscribers have expressed their delight at receiving their SS as if by magic in the early hours of Thursday or Friday. Satisfied customers far outweigh those who are not but, as stated, we take each individual case seriously and will look to improve as quickly as possible.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 4

I contacted the speedway star offices yesterday at noon, this weeks copy was posted out by Royal Mail for me and arrived first post this morning, speaking for myself i would pay any extra on my yearly subscription for that reliability, i know theres a digital copy but sitting in front of my pc reading is not for me, i like a physical copy i can take to work relax on the sofa with etc, ive checked my post code against the delivery areas on News Team website and they do deliver in my area, it will be interesting to see if i get any deliveries from here on in, it seems all i can do is keep e mailing the office if it continues not to arrive, very frustrating.

38 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I contacted the speedway star offices yesterday at noon, this weeks copy was posted out by Royal Mail for me and arrived first post this morning, speaking for myself i would pay any extra on my yearly subscription for that reliability, i know theres a digital copy but sitting in front of my pc reading is not for me, i like a physical copy i can take to work relax on the sofa with etc, ive checked my post code against the delivery areas on News Team website and they do deliver in my area, it will be interesting to see if i get any deliveries from here on in, it seems all i can do is keep e mailing the office if it continues not to arrive, very frustrating.

THANKS for your comments. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHAT is your postcode .... if you want access to the digital version send an email to ssdigital@pinegen.co.uk

BD10 Area

Hi Phil , great work with the Speedway Star Magazine .. mine did not arrive this Thursday as normal nor did last weeks arrive either 

I sent an email to subscriptions on Monday but did not get a reply so rung the subscription office spoke to a nice chap who said the ' edition with Emil on the front ' was out of subscription at the moment but would get one sent when its in ( I don't fancy reading it on the net Im old fashioned and like books and magazines - holding onto the past for as long as possible :) ) he did take my postcode and said this weeks would hopefully arrive but it hasn't ( always arrived on time except for these last two issues ) 

Would be very grateful if it could be looked into - Thanks 

Chris Rigby PR5 4NG

12 minutes ago, ProperSport said:

Hi Phil , great work with the Speedway Star Magazine .. mine did not arrive this Thursday as normal nor did last weeks arrive either 

I sent an email to subscriptions on Monday but did not get a reply so rung the subscription office spoke to a nice chap who said the ' edition with Emil on the front ' was out of subscription at the moment but would get one sent when its in ( I don't fancy reading it on the net Im old fashioned and like books and magazines - holding onto the past for as long as possible :) ) he did take my postcode and said this weeks would hopefully arrive but it hasn't ( always arrived on time except for these last two issues ) 

Would be very grateful if it could be looked into - Thanks 

Chris Rigby PR5 4NG

THANKS ... we are still chashing down some copies 

Could some of the problems with the new delivery service be confusing street numbering and SatNav error. I know for example if you used my postcode in a SatNav it takes you to a neighbouring close. Also some streets have very confusing numbering, my job involves visiting customers and town planners are fairly high on my hitlist for having their heads banged on a wall when i'm running the country.  As i say to my customers who tell me everyone has a problem finding them, usually because the house number or name isn't visible until you stand next to it, the fire brigade will find you easy enough !

35 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Could some of the problems with the new delivery service be confusing street numbering and SatNav error. I know for example if you used my postcode in a SatNav it takes you to a neighbouring close. Also some streets have very confusing numbering, my job involves visiting customers and town planners are fairly high on my hitlist for having their heads banged on a wall when i'm running the country.  As i say to my customers who tell me everyone has a problem finding them, usually because the house number or name isn't visible until you stand next to it, the fire brigade will find you easy enough !

THANKS for your thoughts... could be

On 3/26/2021 at 7:24 PM, noaksey said:

Perhaps leaving a post it note on the letter box on Wednesday night asking them to make sure they post it through the letter box properly might be worth a try?

You know Noaksey I didn't exactly as you suggested. Guess what?

The lazy ignorant person making the delivery took no notice whatsoever and, infact, there was more of the magazine in the letterbox on the outside (about 75%) this morning than there had been the last two weeks (about 50%). And it was all creased and torn again!!

Ironically I had to use some sellotape in order to read Philip Rising's  'Subscription Changes' article about the NewsTeam deliveries.

On 3/25/2021 at 1:17 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

SORRY to hear that ... please email your postcode to ssdigital@pinegen.co.uk

Will send you a link to the digital version, mail a replacement copy and inform NewsTeam of your displeasure. They will contact the person delivering your mag.

We are trying our best to keep publishing through these tough teams without skimping on the content or raising the cover price. But that does not mean you should have your magazine delivered in that condition.

My apologies ...

I followed Phil's advice in his reply last week, but nothing has changed.

I emailed Pinegen as advised, but have received neither a replacement copy of last week's Speedway Star nor a link to the digital version.

If NewsTeam were made aware of my displeasure then, judging by today’s delivery, they are just being idiots. The lazy ignorant person making the delivery didn’t push the magazine fully through the letterbox again, infact there was more of the magazine on the outside of the letterbox (about 75%) this morning than there had been the last two weeks (about 50%). And it was all creased and torn again!!

Ironically, I had to use some sellotape in order to read Phil’s  'Subscription Changes' article about the NewsTeam deliveries!!

I rang the office on Monday and the gentleman was very apologetic- said he would post last weeks out and the one before that as and when it comes in , today’s post has arrived so still no sign of any Speedway Star ( so that’s 3 weeks on the run ) I’m getting post ( I order 10 Speedway items a week from EBay etc and all arriving quickly from Royal Mail ) , I fully understand the need to reduce costs and keep this wonderful magazine going but it’s disappointing when it’s always arrived on time , not sure what to do next in honesty ....

Just rung the office feel sorry for the chaps , will try and get this weeks and last weeks out and hopefully it starts arriving ( not confident ) and if not hopefully they can change mine back to Royal Mail or it’s a trip to Sainsbury’s , hopefully neither and it starts to arrive .... 

Similar story unfortunately. 3 Thursdays, 3 non-arrivals...

The office sorted the first 2 weeks very promptly for me, but it's not really sustainable to have to ring them every week!

Edited by frigbo

1 hour ago, ProperSport said:

I rang the office on Monday and the gentleman was very apologetic- said he would post last weeks out and the one before that as and when it comes in , today’s post has arrived so still no sign of any Speedway Star ( so that’s 3 weeks on the run ) I’m getting post ( I order 10 Speedway items a week from EBay etc and all arriving quickly from Royal Mail ) , I fully understand the need to reduce costs and keep this wonderful magazine going but it’s disappointing when it’s always arrived on time , not sure what to do next in honesty ....

THEY were mailed out today... if you wish to revert to Royal Mail need your name and postcode please