British Speedway Forum

50 minutes ago, frigbo said:

Similar story unfortunately. 3 Thursdays, 3 non-arrivals...

The office sorted the first 2 weeks very promptly for me, but it's not really sustainable to have to ring them every week!

Need your name and postcode ... reply here or by email to subs@pinegen.co.uk

WE have had some teething problems with around one per cent of the 2,000 subscription copies being delivered by hand. Hopefully this will have been resolved this week but anyone who wishes to revert to Royal Mail should send their name and postcode to subs@pinegen.co.uk

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Need your name and postcode ... reply here or by email to subs@pinegen.co.uk

Have sent you a message on here, Phil.

Thanks...

Thanks Phil - I would like as offered to resort to Royal Mail - Christopher Rigby PR5 4NG - think the Star is my favourite subscription and if there is a small difference in cost then I am more than happy to pay them just send me a message - Thanks Chris 

18 minutes ago, ProperSport said:

Thanks Phil - I would like as offered to resort to Royal Mail - Christopher Rigby PR5 4NG - think the Star is my favourite subscription and if there is a small difference in cost then I am more than happy to pay them just send me a message - Thanks Chris 

NO difference in cost. Will make the switch but will probably not happen next week because of Easter we have had to send subs file to printers already.

Another day another non delivery, thats three weeks with no delivery, im going to e-mail pinegen to ask to be put back onto Royal Mail who delivered last weeks copy first post Saturday after it was posted Friday dinnertime, if there is no difference in cost why would anyone use this inefficient new outfit? They are totally inept.

Edited by bellevueace

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Another day another non delivery, thats three weeks with no delivery, im going to e-mail pinegen to ask to be put back onto Royal Mail who delivered last weeks copy first post Saturday after it was posted Friday dinnertime, if there is no difference in cost why would anyone use this inefficient new outfit? They are totally inept.

WE will put you back with Royal Mail if you let me know your postcode either on here or subs@pinegen.co.uk

We don't doubt that you have had problems but the new outfit are not "totally inept." Those who have had problems, either with no delivery or a damaged copy, amount to less than one per cent of the 2000 being handled by NewsTeam. They also deliver hundreds of thousands of magazines and newspapers on a daily basis. The problem is at the point of delivery.

Of course their service saves Pinegen money over Royal Mail and after the past 12 months every penny counts. We did furlough some staff but although they have been brought back only for two or three days a week. We have moved our office to cheaper premises ... all to help combat the considerable loss in revenue from sales of SS and the absent of much other work previously carried out by Pinegen.

We do not charge our subscribers for delivery but that doesn't mean we are not responsible for you getting your mag on time (Thursday or Friday) and in good condition. 

It is too late to put you back on RM direct from the printers next week (subs info already sent because of Easter) but will mail out a copy from Surbiton of the March 27th, April 3rd and April 10th editions.

12 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

mine was on the mat before I got up this morning 

THANKS. Ultimately it is down to the actual person who delivers and we do pass on complaints to NewsTeam to make known any complaints.

But, so far, the vast majority of comments have come from people who are delighted to receive their mag in the early hours of a Thursday.

• Like 1

Similar here.  Haven't received last weeks copy. Emailed Monday to the office, spoke like most here to a very apolgetic chap whom advised me they were getting another 200 of last weeks edition reprinted and another copy was being sent that day.

Still have neither received last weeks copy ,or of this weeks edition.

Frustrating to say the least.

I do appreciate that I may have been offered a digital option, but I'm old school and the joy of actually reading my own physical edition of the SS is much more appealing.

Do hope things improve markedly , rather quickly

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE will put you back with Royal Mail if you let me know your postcode either on here or subs@pinegen.co.uk

We don't doubt that you have had problems but the new outfit are not "totally inept." Those who have had problems, either with no delivery or a damaged copy, amount to less than one per cent of the 2000 being handled by NewsTeam. They also deliver hundreds of thousands of magazines and newspapers on a daily basis. The problem is at the point of delivery.

Of course their service saves Pinegen money over Royal Mail and after the past 12 months every penny counts. We did furlough some staff but although they have been brought back only for two or three days a week. We have moved our office to cheaper premises ... all to help combat the considerable loss in revenue from sales of SS and the absent of much other work previously carried out by Pinegen.

We do not charge our subscribers for delivery but that doesn't mean we are not responsible for you getting your mag on time (Thursday or Friday) and in good condition. 

It is too late to put you back on RM direct from the printers next week (subs info already sent because of Easter) but will mail out a copy from Surbiton of the March 27th, April 3rd and April 10th editions.

Thanks for your response Phil, i have e-mailed the office, i say they are inept because sadly that is my experience albeit if i am in a minority, i have absolutely no problem paying extra for Royal Mail delivery as i appreciate the conditions you have been operating under over the past twelve months and the team at pinegen have done an unbelievable job with the magazine content. I will happily phone the office and pay to cover any extra cost, i always thought subscriptions covered delivery when i buy Spanish language magazines from Unique and Newsstand you also pay postage, just add it to my yearly subscription.

9 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Thanks for your response Phil, i have e-mailed the office, i say they are inept because sadly that is my experience albeit if i am in a minority, i have absolutely no problem paying extra for Royal Mail delivery as i appreciate the conditions you have been operating under over the past twelve months and the team at pinegen have done an unbelievable job with the magazine content. I will happily phone the office and pay to cover any extra cost, i always thought subscriptions covered delivery when i buy Spanish language magazines from Unique and Newsstand you also pay postage, just add it to my yearly subscription.

WE will switch you back to RM

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

24 minutes ago, tyke said:

Similar here.  Haven't received last weeks copy. Emailed Monday to the office, spoke like most here to a very apolgetic chap whom advised me they were getting another 200 of last weeks edition reprinted and another copy was being sent that day.

Still have neither received last weeks copy ,or of this weeks edition.

Frustrating to say the least.

I do appreciate that I may have been offered a digital option, but I'm old school and the joy of actually reading my own physical edition of the SS is much more appealing.

Do hope things improve markedly , rather quickly

REPLACEMENT copies of the March 27th edition arrived in Surbiton this afternoon and we managed to mail them out. Let us know your postcode and we will send this week's too. Our apologies...

Sadly another no show for my copy. 3 out of 3 now, I’ve dropped an email over.   Shame that News Team are failing what sounds like a very small % of subscribers.  Frustrating though when you’re in that small %.   

14 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Sadly another no show for my copy. 3 out of 3 now, I’ve dropped an email over.   Shame that News Team are failing what sounds like a very small % of subscribers.  Frustrating though when you’re in that small %.   

Maybe  the imposing gates and half mile drive are putting them off. ;)