British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Sadly another no show for my copy. 3 out of 3 now, I’ve dropped an email over.   Shame that News Team are failing what sounds like a very small % of subscribers.  Frustrating though when you’re in that small %.   

FULLY understand. The problems, although rare, are at the point of delivery ... the actual person making the delivery.

NewsTeam can track when and where deliveries are made (bit like Amazon when they leave a parcel with you) and are chasing up the people responsible for those not reaching their destination.

Thanks for your patience. 

56 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Maybe  the imposing gates and half mile drive are putting them off. ;)

Maybe mate.  But me answering the door in my dressing gown is worth the trek down the drive :-)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

REPLACEMENT copies of the March 27th edition arrived in Surbiton this afternoon and we managed to mail them out. Let us know your postcode and we will send this week's too. Our apologies...

Thank you. BD10 8LZ

The guys in the office have now sent me the digital links, arranged for replacement hard copies of the two most recent editions to be sent out, and a return to Royal Mail deliveries from the 17 April 2021 edition.

I have emailed to thank them and said, as I mentioned in an earlier post on here, I think the Speedway Star team has done a fantastic job all through these difficult times to enable us to enjoy our weekly speedway reading fix.

My anger and frustration surrounding the deliveries over the last three weeks have been firmly aimed at the NewsTeam delivery person. Again, as I have previously mentioned before, exacerbated by the fact that the person who delivers the 'junk mail' around here posts everything fully through my letterbox, and they are laid there on the doormat in pristine condition!!

What a huge shame that the actions of the odd few employees of ‘NewsTeam’ have burdened Pinegen with having to go the time, trouble and expense of sorting all this out!!

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter!!

• Like 1

Just to defend News Team , last 3 weeks all delivered by 7am on the Thursday and in good condition and pushed thru letterbox whereas Royal Mail used to arrive whenever they felt like delivering. I suppose luck of the draw with the delivery person

I wonder what they do with the missing copies, just bin them? I presume they must collect them for delivery?

On 4/2/2021 at 10:10 AM, tyke said:

Thank you. BD10 8LZ

FYI

27th March edition, just this moment delivered by the Royal Mail

3rd April edition was hand delivered at 9am this morning.

Plenty now to catch up on :t:

Edited by tyke
spelling

42 minutes ago, tyke said:

FYI

27th March edition, just this moment delivered by the Royal Mail

3rd April edition was hand delivered at 9am this morning.

Plenty now to catch up on :t:

THANKS for the info which we pass on to either NewsTeam or Royal Mail ...

Week one of the new delivery method, magazine arrived earlier than ever 7am. 

Week two...no delivery, left it till Monday, called Dave Fairbrother in circulation and subscriptions, posted one out received the next day, cheers Dave.  :t:

Last week...no delivery, called Dave on Tuesday, posting one out. Cheers Dave. :t:

Today...this weeks issue has arrived :) (7.30) , asked the lad who delivered it why i had not received last 2 weeks issues, he didn't know why as he only started last Friday. Says it will be here around 7.30 every week from now on as he only lives up the road, fair play. :t:

postcode DY8 4DP 

Edited by Heathen61

On 4/3/2021 at 1:14 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

THANKS for the info which we pass on to either NewsTeam or Royal Mail ...

I'm not complaining honestly , but we've gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

This weeks posted through my letter box at 4.40AM this morning.

:rofl:

28 minutes ago, tyke said:

I'm not complaining honestly , but we've gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

This weeks posted through my letter box at 4.40AM this morning.

:rofl:

Certainly got ours very early,  a great improvement

• Like 1

I've still kept my 100% record unfortunately.....

News team delivered mine to my next door neighbour at 6.45am. They must have realised their error and came back at 7.45 to tell me and post a message through next door as they couldn't get an answer.

No complaints 

49 minutes ago, frigbo said:

I've still kept my 100% record unfortunately.....

yep, me too - 4 out of 4 no sign of mine again this week!  

Out of interest, any idea who looks after Speedway Star's Twitter account?