British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, thommo34 said:

Thanks Phil,

still nothing after the weekend so I think I would prefer Royal Mail if that's OK.

OF course. We don't doubt that you did not receive your SS and this highlights some of the teething problems we are having with NewsTeam. Their delivery records state that your copy was delivered at 06.38 on April 8th. Each week so far we have had more than 50 people not receiving their mag despite NewsTeam claiming it had been delivered. It is a mystery and one they are trying to resolve.

I guess it prompts the question as to where it was delivered.

There is no label or address on it so they could deliver it anywhere

On the face of it this was a good system but it needs thinking through I think!

So thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, thommo34 said:

I guess it prompts the question as to where it was delivered.

There is no label or address on it so they could deliver it anywhere

On the face of it this was a good system but it needs thinking through I think!

So thanks for your help.

TRUE but they deliverer over 50,000 daily newspapers and a variety of other magazines. Their app has all the details (address) they need and we even have photos sent to us of the property where it has been delivered. The bottom line is that it is cheaper than Royal Mail and when every penny counts that has to be a major consideration.

Couldnt you ask those who continually not get them delivered to send a photo of the front of their property  to pinegen, who can forward to Newsteam so delivery person can see what the property looks like.

Is it possible for me to see the delivery photo to try to get to the bottom of this?

1 hour ago, thommo34 said:

Is it possible for me to see the delivery photo to try to get to the bottom of this?

IT wasn't of your house but several that we previously had problems with. No point requesting if you are going to back to Royal Mail.

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Couldnt you ask those who continually not get them delivered to send a photo of the front of their property  to pinegen, who can forward to Newsteam so delivery person can see what the property looks like.

THAT'S an idea but sure everyone involved would want to do that. Easier to put a few back to Royal Mail. 

19 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THAT'S an idea but sure everyone involved would want to do that. Easier to put a few back to Royal Mail. 

If it proves to Newsteam when they've cocked up. Like i said on an earlier post about confusing street numbering and layouts along with SatNav that takes you to somewhere 200 yards away. The delivery person may think he's delivering to 5 Daffodil Drive but in reality he's delivering to 5 Alpha Avenue. Lets be honest they probably have different delivery agents on certain days, maybe a high turnover of staff too. Also if you've driven somewhere a couple of times you wouldn't use SatNav so the same mistake would happen over and over again. Also could you not check with other publishers to see their figures for non delivery with newsteam if others have the same issues and similar percentages of non or missed deliveries, Then a united effort from say 10 publishers will carry more clout than 10 seperate complaints, which they can downplay as training issues etc.

Only other way would be to offer 2 tier subscriptions if you wish to have Royal Mail delivery then you pay £X more per year, I bet if you had the figures upto end of 2019 missed/non deliveries were similar to Newsteam. Royal Mail delivery problems have only been a much bigger problem in the last year, we all know its an issue that should'nt happen but its been a funny old year

13 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

If it proves to Newsteam when they've cocked up. Like i said on an earlier post about confusing street numbering and layouts along with SatNav that takes you to somewhere 200 yards away. The delivery person may think he's delivering to 5 Daffodil Drive but in reality he's delivering to 5 Alpha Avenue. Lets be honest they probably have different delivery agents on certain days, maybe a high turnover of staff too. Also if you've driven somewhere a couple of times you wouldn't use SatNav so the same mistake would happen over and over again. Also could you not check with other publishers to see their figures for non delivery with newsteam if others have the same issues and similar percentages of non or missed deliveries, Then a united effort from say 10 publishers will carry more clout than 10 seperate complaints, which they can downplay as training issues etc.

Only other way would be to offer 2 tier subscriptions if you wish to have Royal Mail delivery then you pay £X more per year, I bet if you had the figures upto end of 2019 missed/non deliveries were similar to Newsteam. Royal Mail delivery problems have only been a much bigger problem in the last year, we all know its an issue that should'nt happen but its been a funny old year

YOU make some good comments and we will take them on board. NewsTeam can only grow, let alone survive, if their delivery promises are fulfilled and the more publications they can handle, newspapers or periodicals, the more viable and profitable it becomes.

We have to keep this in perspective (over 1800 delivered successfully last Thursday) but even one non-delivery is one too much. I would add that NewsTeam executives are working hard to resolve any issues but as long as the number staying with Royal Mail stays as it is we can swallow that. However, there are still a considerable number that at present cannot be delivered by NewsTeam and our hope is that as they expand that number will come down.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 7:02 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

TRUE but they deliverer over 50,000 daily newspapers and a variety of other magazines. Their app has all the details (address) they need and we even have photos sent to us of the property where it has been delivered. The bottom line is that it is cheaper than Royal Mail and when every penny counts that has to be a major consideration.

Hi Phil, I've still not received last week's copy.

I'm quite happy to help you save money if we can get a reliable delivery from News Team, but the truth is , it really is difficult when you don't know when to expect the delivery

6 minutes ago, thommo34 said:

I'm quite happy to help you save money if we can get a reliable delivery from News Team, but the truth is , it really is difficult when you don't know when to expect the delivery

6 minutes ago, thommo34 said:

IT was my understanding that the office had mailed you one. Will get on to it tomorrow. Please let me know when you get this week's whether by NewsTeam or Royal Mail. 

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT was my understanding that the office had mailed you one. Will get on to it tomorrow. Please let me know when you get this week's whether by NewsTeam or Royal Mail. 

Thanks Phil - will do.

I think the lesson here is to just subscribe digitally? ...... you save money and no hassle