British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, fredbogge said:

My copy arrived before 7-00 this morning thanks Phil and crew

PROVES NewsTeam does work but obviously we have to iron out the issues that some people are experiencing. Our plan is to use the money saved on Royal Mail on a heavier paper for SS with effect from our pre-season special (May 15th). Last year's dramatic loss of sales during the initial lockdown and a cancelled season left us with no option but to save a substantial sum on paper. We still have a long way to go to get those sales back but, as Tesco might say, "every little helps."

• Like 1

Nothing but good things to say about new delivery method.

After three weeks of no magazine I asked to be reverted back to Royal Mail last week, on the Thursday my magazine arrived from newsteam, this morning my magazine arrived again by newsteam so I have been left on their list.  But to be fair I am up at 5am to go to work and on both occasions the magazine has been there as I have been going out,  pushed completely through the door. So thanks to all at the star for sorting the problem. Hope this continues.

18 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT was my understanding that the office had mailed you one. Will get on to it tomorrow. Please let me know when you get this week's whether by NewsTeam or Royal Mail. 

Hi Phil,

SS delivered this morning by News Team

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

After three weeks of no magazine I asked to be reverted back to Royal Mail last week, on the Thursday my magazine arrived from newsteam, this morning my magazine arrived again by newsteam so I have been left on their list.  But to be fair I am up at 5am to go to work and on both occasions the magazine has been there as I have been going out,  pushed completely through the door. So thanks to all at the star for sorting the problem. Hope this continues.

SO do we:neutral:

I'm now about to email the office again to ask them to check my account to ensure that my delivery method is back with the Royal Mail.

I was under the impression that I was back on the Royal Mail delivery method from the 17th April edition. The Speedway Star has, though, been delivered again today by NewsTeam – and this time with another twist to the saga.

Previously I had been complaining to the office - and posting on here - that the News Team delivery person was NOT posting the magazine fully through the letterbox so that it landed inside the house on the doormat. Rather, it had been left stuck in the letterbox and, at best, half inside and half outside. It had been ‘rammed’ into the letterbox so that it has been crumpled, heavily creased and torn – and, on one occasion, the half sticking outside the house was sodden wet due to the rain that particular morning.

Well, this morning, the Speedway Star was actually NOT even in the letterbox. It must have been put into the letterbox so slightly, that it subsequently fell onto the step OUTSIDE the house!!

At 7.30a.m. I received a purposely early arranged grocery order, and was greeted at the door by the delivery driver. He was stood back from the door holding the Speedway Star and said “Is this your magazine sir? I’ve just found it right here on the floor outside your door.”

How many times does this News Team delivery person need telling to please post the magazine fully through the letterbox? Obviously, if he/she has been made aware of my concerns that Pinegen has passed to News Team, then they have been completely ignored!!

As I've have also mentioned before, even if the Royal Mail takes a day or so longer, I'm happy to wait for a readable undamaged Speedway Star to arrive!!

29 minutes ago, BarracudaAce said:

I'm now about to email the office again to ask them to check my account to ensure that my delivery method is back with the Royal Mail.

I was under the impression that I was back on the Royal Mail delivery method from the 17th April edition. The Speedway Star has, though, been delivered again today by NewsTeam – and this time with another twist to the saga.

Previously I had been complaining to the office - and posting on here - that the News Team delivery person was NOT posting the magazine fully through the letterbox so that it landed inside the house on the doormat. Rather, it had been left stuck in the letterbox and, at best, half inside and half outside. It had been ‘rammed’ into the letterbox so that it has been crumpled, heavily creased and torn – and, on one occasion, the half sticking outside the house was sodden wet due to the rain that particular morning.

Well, this morning, the Speedway Star was actually NOT even in the letterbox. It must have been put into the letterbox so slightly, that it subsequently fell onto the step OUTSIDE the house!!

At 7.30a.m. I received a purposely early arranged grocery order, and was greeted at the door by the delivery driver. He was stood back from the door holding the Speedway Star and said “Is this your magazine sir? I’ve just found it right here on the floor outside your door.”

How many times does this News Team delivery person need telling to please post the magazine fully through the letterbox? Obviously, if he/she has been made aware of my concerns that Pinegen has passed to News Team, then they have been completely ignored!!

As I've have also mentioned before, even if the Royal Mail takes a day or so longer, I'm happy to wait for a readable undamaged Speedway Star to arrive!!

WE have requested that you go back on Royal Mail ...

Another great issue...

Very interesting report on Somerset....

Well done to all...

Love the new delivery service much better than Royal Mail, it was on my door mat first thing this morning. Thank you.

Hopefully Royal Mail will do the needful tomorrow as nothing arrived today (5 wks out of 5)

22 minutes ago, frigbo said:

Hopefully Royal Mail will do the needful tomorrow as nothing arrived today (5 wks out of 5)

CANNOT understand why you have not received a copy for five weeks, either by NewsTeam or Royal Mail. 

Got mine by RM this morning as usual (well 9 times out of 10). Its a good read too. New SCB regs and interview with Stefan Neilsen.

30 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CANNOT understand why you have not received a copy for five weeks, either by NewsTeam or Royal Mail. 

Me neither. Was regular as clockwork before the changes - now nothing unless I email or ring yourselves.

2 minutes ago, frigbo said:

Me neither. Was regular as clockwork before the changes - now nothing unless I email or ring yourselves.

WILL enquire why you are not back on Royal Mail