British Speedway Forum

Mine was on the mat at 0500 when I got up, that's three weeks on the trot with no problems now after issues arising during the first three weeks, I suppose there's always glitches with a new service, the service at present is faultless to be fair,  hope it's the norm going forward, magazine is always a great read,  what a job the team have done during lock down

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Mine was on the mat at 0500 when I got up, that's three weeks on the trot with no problems now after issues arising during the first three weeks, I suppose there's always glitches with a new service, the service at present is faultless to be fair,  hope it's the norm going forward, magazine is always a great read,  what a job the team have done during lock down

THANK you ... appreciate your comments

• Like 1

Hi Phil.

Sorry to  bother you again, but I have not received this weeks issue - up until now the new system has always seen it here by 9am. How does the new system work?

Might it still arrive later today? Should I expect it the following day or should I already be worried that it has not been delivered by 2pm? !

Regards Geoff BR1 3ER

2 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

Hi Phil.

Sorry to  bother you again, but I have not received this weeks issue - up until now the new system has always seen it here by 9am. How does the new system work?

Might it still arrive later today? Should I expect it the following day or should I already be worried that it has not been delivered by 2pm? !

Regards Geoff BR1 3ER

COULD come tomorrow. If the NewsTeam system picks pop a non-delivery it is immediately scheduled for the next day. Please let us know ...

Mine arrived at 4:15 a.m. A satisfying sound of it dropping on the doormat stirred me from my slumber and I turned over for another four hours in bed. 

Much better then waiting until the postwoman arrives just as the sun is going down, or even worse, having to wait several days while the Royal Mail decide to deliver it.

I would also echo the earlier comments of bellevueace re the content. Absolutely outstanding this past year, great content and always an interesting and informative read. 

Edited by tigerowl
  • Like 1

All the major supermarkets stock it so maybe worth request to stock it (if it doesn't), if you use any of the 'big four'...

The SS is on sale at my local Tesco by 8am every Thursday every week, no problem...

Edited by mikebv

15 minutes ago, tigerowl said:

Mine arrived at 4:15 a.m. A satisfying sound of it dropping on the doormat stirred me from my slumber and I turned over for another four hours in bed. 

Much better then waiting until the postwoman arrives just as the sun is going down, or even worse, having to wait several days while the Royal Mail decide to deliver it.

I would also echo the earlier comments of bellevueace re the content. Absolutely outstanding this past year, great content and always an interesting and informative read. 

NICE to hear. We will be producing a 64-page pre-season special next week and have also taken the plunge and increased the paper quality which we previously changed to keep us afloat.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I either pick up the star from Smiths in Liverpool Street or the main Tesco in Chelmsford, Smiths has been very mixed, some weeks loads of copies, others nothing at all but Tesco always has them without fail.

I had subbed to the star for many years, probably over 20 but I do prefer buying it off the shelf.

• Confused 1

5.20am this morning 

Working well.

Used to get mine from Smiths at Liverpool Street for many many years, glad they still stock it 

Hi Phil. Nothing this morning either. I assume it is a problem with NewsTeam, although I paid my sub renewal on 18th April, so not sure exactly when the renewal date was - hopefully it's not a renewal cock-up! Regards, Geoff BR1 3ER.

Some great memories in this weeks 'star' my second childhood here ( after trot tempest) lou sansom good to see him again and a nice touch about kenny fearon , thanks for another great read 

23 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

Hi Phil.

Regards Geoff BR1 3ER

YOU are on the Royal Mail list ...

3 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

Hi Phil. Nothing this morning either. I assume it is a problem with NewsTeam, although I paid my sub renewal on 18th April, so not sure exactly when the renewal date was - hopefully it's not a renewal cock-up! Regards, Geoff BR1 3ER.

CALL Dave on 020-83351113 ...he can check your sub and tell which delivery system you are on

Hi Phil, No answer from Dave on that number. Is that a Monday - Friday only business number? I have definitely had it delivered by NewsTeam since you changed - ie no wrapper/address.