British Speedway Forum

On 5/6/2021 at 6:07 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

NICE to hear. We will be producing a 64-page pre-season special next week and have also taken the plunge and increased the paper quality which we previously changed to keep us afloat.

Any news on a follow up to the Somerset story?

8 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Any news on a follow up to the Somerset story?

NOT that I know but I am no longer involved with the day-to-day compilation of the content. But, had there been, no doubt Andrew Skeels and his team would have been on the case.

15 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

Hi Phil, No answer from Dave on that number. Is that a Monday - Friday only business number? I have definitely had it delivered by NewsTeam since you changed - ie no wrapper/address. 

In SS it says that Number is available 9am- 2.30 .I assume week days.Dave is great at dealing with subs ect,very efficient.

This "NEW LOOK for the Star" thread has been going since 2018.

How many new looks has it had in that time?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, uk_martin said:

It has a new look every Thursday with news and photos. 

21 hours ago, uk_martin said:

It’s a platform to talk about issues with the Star and comment on the contents of the magazine, which overall has maintained a high standard through thick and thin.

• Like 1

A good read but not quite the bumper edition of 2 years ago with the Covid affecting the sport. Not the same without the top 2 Swindon and Poole, and Zummerzet, only 6 teams.

Edited by auntie doris

Always impressed with the pre-season special. On the flip side, got withdrawals because there are no nostalgia articles.

• Like 2

Excellent season preview edition. It will take some time to read it all;  the 64 pages are packed with content and the presentation and design is superb. Top job by everyone at the Star and as Phil Lanning pointed out on social media, for less than a coffee at a High Street national chain. I would add to that: where the claim to be coffee is debatable.

No debate about this week's Speedway Star...in fact, it is five stars!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Excellent season preview edition. It will take some time to read it all;  the 64 pages are packed with content and the presentation and design is superb. Top job by everyone at the Star and as Phil Lanning pointed out on social media, for less than a coffee at a High Street national chain. I would add to that: where the claim to be coffee is debatable.

THANKS Richard, your comments are appreciated and passed in to all concerned

will have to find somewhere that sells it, always a good season starter edition :t:

25 minutes ago, stevehone said:

will have to find somewhere that sells it, always a good season starter edition :t:

CALL Dave at the office (020-83351113) it's content doesn't date:drink:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, auntie doris said:

A good read but not quite the bumper edition of 2 years ago with the Covid affecting the sport. Not the same without the top 2 Swindon and Poole, and Zummerzet, only 6 teams.

I have a lot more than 6 teams in my edition of the magazine, including Poole.

Cracking bumper issue, always my favourite. Credit to all those who take the time and effort to make it all happen.

21 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

I kinda miss having the teams in the order they are predicted by each clubs fan/media. But that is just me being picky!

• Like 1