British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CALL Dave at the office (020-83351113) it's content doesn't date:drink:

I ordered mine yesterday and got it today very speedy service! Only saw about it cos Rosco RT a tweet on twitter!

Congratulations on another 1st class edition.

As somebody who enjoyed watching speedway at Rye House, Arena Essex/Lakeside, Hackney, Crayford, Canterbury, Boston, Exeter, Weymouth, Stoke, Buxton, Coventry, Milton Keynes and Rayleigh You don't know what you have until its gone GO A BUY A COPY OF THE SPEEDWAY STAR TODAY !!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

As somebody who enjoyed watching speedway at Rye House, Arena Essex/Lakeside, Hackney, Crayford, Canterbury, Boston, Exeter, Weymouth, Stoke, Buxton, Coventry, Milton Keynes and Rayleigh You don't know what you have until its gone GO A BUY A COPY OF THE SPEEDWAY STAR TODAY !!

40 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

WELL said ...

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

Have you ever considered yourself to be a it of a jinx ?  :D

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I kinda miss having the teams in the order they are predicted by each clubs fan/media. But that is just me being picky!

Alphabet order helps the reader who wants to dip in and out before settling down for the big read.

Anyway, those predictions tended to be poor when the honours were dished out.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 5:56 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

THANKS Richard, your comments are appreciated and passed in to all concerned

You will like this as the Publisher. 

Actually I think less is more-- the 64 pages is tighter, more focussed on what most (uk) fans are looking for.

You Polish coverage is good and appreciated (+Sweden, Denmark) but I am not sure the preview needs to be (was it?) 128 pages.

Personal view, I know, but I can imagine how the financials stack up.

• Like 1

I must congratulate all at Speedway Star on keep going in what must be the most difficult situation over the past year and a half. 

I love the annual season preview, but was disappointed at no fans view from the clubs. Also no annual predictions. Was that a deliberate omission or just the pressure of the times?

Edited by Trevor
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

You will like this as the Publisher. 

Actually I think less is more-- the 64 pages is tighter, more focussed on what most (uk) fans are looking for.

You Polish coverage is good and appreciated (+Sweden, Denmark) but I am not sure the preview needs to be (was it?) 128 pages.

Personal view, I know, but I can imagine how the financials stack up.

WE did, of course, have more tracks to cover and preview the SGP season but it wouldn't be viable now.

2 minutes ago, Trevor said:

It must congratulate all at Speedway Star on keep going in what must be the most difficult situation over the past year and a half. 

I love the annual season preview, but was disappointed at no fans view from the clubs. Also no annual predictions. Was that a deliberate omission or just the pressure of the times?

A CONSCIOUS decision for this year and the late start...

And also another stunning cover - superb design by Jeff Davies once again. Art work that deserves to be framed!

10 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

9 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Have you ever considered yourself to be a it of a jinx ?  :D

Good point :) I plan to go to Peterborough and Eastbourne so be aware fans of those teams

• Like 1

My Star arrived yesterday and it does indeed look another Superb Pre Season production and full credit to all those involved , got my tickets booked for Belle Vue , Sheffield and Leicester next week - here’s hoping the weather doesn’t ruin things . well done Phil a superb magazine 

I think I am a jinx. Regular at Wimbledon, Hackney, New Cross, White City (London), Crayford, Romford, Rye House, Arena Essex and Skegness plus visited Cradley, Coventry, Canterbury, Rochdale and Exeter. Only tracks I have seen racing at that are still running are Eastbourne and Isle of Wight. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chris116 said:

I think I am a jinx. Regular at Wimbledon, Hackney, New Cross, White City (London), Crayford, Romford, Rye House, Arena Essex and Skegness plus visited Cradley, Coventry, Canterbury, Rochdale and Exeter. Only tracks I have seen racing at that are still running are Eastbourne and Isle of Wight. 

Was a regular at New Cross, Wimbledon, Ackney, Wet Spam, Worky, Swindon, plus visited Coventry, Zummerzet, Reading. Only Newcastle, Belle Vue, and IOW still running:unsure:

5 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Was a regular at New Cross, Wimbledon, Ackney, Wet Spam, Worky, Swindon, plus visited Coventry, Zummerzet, Reading. Only Newcastle, Belle Vue, and IOW still running:unsure:

I forgot West Ham, Reading, Belle Vue (the real one with The Bobs big dipper at the end of the home straight) and Somerset. Makes my record even worse! 

• Like 1