British Speedway Forum

I haven't been able to buy a copy of last week's Star, which I particularly wanted as the season opening edition. Can I order one, or will some be available at track shops at any time?

11 minutes ago, *JJ said:

I haven't been able to buy a copy of last week's Star, which I particularly wanted as the season opening edition. Can I order one, or will some be available at track shops at any time?

CALL 02083351113 and Dave will mail you one...

• Like 1

Bought my one edition of the year.  Somewhat less than previous years ( understandably).   The one thing I miss from this ‘Special’ is the local feel to it.  Certainly having a ‘punters’ view was always a decent insight as it wasn’t wrapped up with Speedway ra ra cheerleaders.

I look forward to next years purchase.

Awesome work ajj year from the ss team to put together such good content in such difficult times, enjoying the addition of the monthly crossword.i subscribe to the digital edition and have to draw out a puzzle on paper ,another digital magazine I subscribe to has a crossword you can fill in digitally,  wondering if you have explored this option ?

Just a thought, with access to numerous live streams now available, whats your thoughts on including the European meetings in the Whats On section, or another column for European meetings? 

Keep up the good work, always look forward to waking up on a Thursday morning and accessing my edition. No postal issues and access to back issues does it for me.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 6:54 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

CALL 02083351113 and Dave will mail you one...

Well, I did this, and a fortnight later, no copy has turned up.

Nice to see the Star printed on better quality paper again.  It gives the magazine a different dynamic and matches the quality content provided on a weekly basis.

28 minutes ago, a4poster said:

Nice to see the Star printed on better quality paper again.  It gives the magazine a different dynamic and matches the quality content provided on a weekly basis.

TERRIFIC coverage of the Somerset saga by Andy Mitchell this week ...

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 2

Mr Rising will the Speedway Star be chasing up interviews with members of the BSPL commitee  to find out the reasoning behind the sudden stop on riders racing on the IOW

#IstandwiththeIOW

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Mr Rising will the Speedway Star be chasing up interviews with members of the BSPL commitee  to find out the reasoning behind the sudden stop on riders racing on the IOW

#IstandwiththeIOW

WILL ask the Editor...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gambo said:

And the Anlas tyres? They seem to be causing problems.

Could be a subject for Kelvin Tatum to have a chat about during a TV match. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 8:33 PM, Triple.H. said:

#IstandwiththeIOW

The BSPL should come out and give an open and HONEST explanation, because at the moment, it seems like victimisation for no reason.  Riders aren't stopped from Grass Track Racing or  for clubs and events overseas.  For whatever reason, this sounds like a personal vendetta without hearing both sides of the story.
Nobody on the IOW, whether it be management, sponsors or the public deserve to be treated like this, just because they have the balls to want to try something different.  They depend to a large degree on the holiday trade, on an island that has almost zero entertainment for families in the evening, other than walking round Tesco that stays open until 10.00pm.
Speedway has stood still for years now, and needs freshening up, and if something different from 15-races and the announcer saying goodnight, thanks for coming can be improved upon, then let them try.  So many times these days, people have never heard of speedway, let alone seen it, and if they decide to check it out whilst on holiday (I know I would, as I did with a sport on Guernsey), and enjoy it, then when they return to their respective homes, they might just check out to see if there is a track near to where they live, and go along, and all clubs could do with those extra newcomers through their gates.

So come on BSPL, ask for your toys back that you seem to have thrown out of your pram, and work with this promotion to see if their ideas are going to be for the betterment of the sport, and if it's not, then it will be their loss not yours.  We've all been in lockdown for a long time now, and if this club want to offer us a different type of motorcycle event, with the main thing being speedway, then they should be applauded for trying to bring our well being back into some sort of normality.      

• Like 5