British Speedway Forum

38 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Mine have all been arriving on time recently. Some very good articles, too. One on Mike Parker was very interesting, as is this weeks analysis of the Weston-Super-Mare fiasco.

...now there was a complex controversial character!

6 hours ago, bruno said:

Anyone still having delivery problems with the star. After having no problems for a few years with newsteam mine has been late 5 times out of the last 6 weeks. Dave's sent me a link which is great but getting a bit cheesed off having to get in touch with him every week. Even thought of cancelling my subscription which does no one any favours

Back to normal for me in Scotland.

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...now there was a complex controversial character!

Mike Parker is the only promotor to throw me out of a track. He threw me out of Crayford four times in one evening before a stock car meeting there because of something I had written in a magazine. Trouble was all his staff agreed with me and kept letting me back in. He would have been even more cross if he had known that the staff always let me in for free as I wrote articles for a number of different magazines. 

He did a lot of good promotion but also damaged both speedway and stox by some of his actions in my opinion.

• Like 2