British Speedway Forum

Mine arrived late but no surprise in current crisis. Very welcome when it dropped on the mat. Keep well Speedway Star team ....

On 3/26/2020 at 9:20 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

A recurring direct debit helps to keep absent-minded subscribers in check ;-) I've noticed many magazines outside the sport encouraging this. 

I recently emailed saying that I am happy to renew my subscription, but asking if I could pause it until the just before new season ( this year or next year ) begins, but I have heard nothing.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

SORRY that you haven't had your sub copy yet. Read today that Royal Mail are suffering from staff shortages and some deliveries maybe be haphazard. If no joy on Monday call 020-8335 1113 and Dave will send you a copy. 

If your Copy fails to arrive a Phone call to Dave sorts things out no problem, in the Post same day, the guy is a legend in my book, nothing any bother to him.:t:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

I recently emailed saying that I am happy to renew my subscription, but asking if I could pause it until the just before new season ( this year or next year ) begins, but I have heard nothing.

BEST to call 020=83351113 before 2.30 ... can be done

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If your Copy fails to arrive a Phone call to Dave sorts things out no problem, in the Post same day, the guy is a legend in my book, nothing any bother to him.:t:

THANKS ... we had over 100 calls this week from subscribers who didn't get a copy through the mail as usual. Think this could be a continuing theme with Royal Mail. Call the office and Dave will send one although at £1.40 postage a time it could prove costly. 

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BEST to call 020=83351113 before 2.30 ... can be done

THANKS ... we had over 100 calls this week from subscribers who didn't get a copy through the mail as usual. Think this could be a continuing theme with Royal Mail. Call the office and Dave will send one although at £1.40 postage a time it could prove costly. 

Mine arrived Tuesday but not before I rang Dave,30 mins previously,I did ring him back and said it had arrived,from the conversation with him it's a Royal Mail problem

49 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

Mine arrived Tuesday but not before I rang Dave,30 mins previously,I did ring him back and said it had arrived,from the conversation with him it's a Royal Mail problem

IT is indeed but that doesn't mean we should do everything we can to help, which Dave certainly does.

• Like 1

NZs largest -by some margin- magazine publisher (part of Bauer group) announced they are closing nz operations , as result of Covid19 and expected long term impacts on advertising revenues, beyond the obvious immediate short term drops. Will have massive flow on to broader print industry in nz.

Hope you guys better placed to survive Phil. 

And would add. If plan is to keep publishing while there is no speedway happening with presumably "years gone by" articles to compensate for lack of on track activity, will do my bit by taking out an online sub.

8 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

And would add. If plan is to keep publishing while there is no speedway happening with presumably "years gone by" articles to compensate for lack of on track activity, will do my bit by taking out an online sub.

THANKS 

On 3/29/2020 at 11:41 PM, Bavarian said:

and mine arrived on time as usual on Friday noon here in Bavaria

No problems at all

Over here in Finland I now get the Spar on wednesdays, the same day the next one is published. I used to get it regurarly on the friday, which was good. This has been going on for at least this year. Roayl Mail + Posti dont add up too well, unless we talking about what they charge. :lol: 

It dont have to be a lot late from the flight over here. And if it misses monday, it wont be delivered until wed as tuesdays are not delivery dates over here.

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

Over here in Finland I now get the Spar on wednesdays, the same day the next one is published. I used to get it regurarly on the friday, which was good. This has been going on for at least this year. Roayl Mail + Posti dont add up too well, unless we talking about what they charge. :lol: 

It dont have to be a lot late from the flight over here. And if it misses monday, it wont be delivered until wed as tuesdays are not delivery dates over here.

WHY not go digital? 

Got my April 4 copy today. 

Fantastic as usual. Incredible effort to keep the mag topical and interesting in these times. Full credit to all those involved and my appeal to everyone would be

SUBSCRIBE!!!

KEEP THE STAR ALIVE.

Edited by tigerowl

46 minutes ago, tigerowl said:

Got my April 4 copy today. 

Fantastic as usual. Incredible effort to keep the mag topical and interesting in these times. Full credit to all those involved and my appeal to everyone would be

SUBSCRIBE!!!

KEEP THE STAR ALIVE.

THANKS ... 

6 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHY not go digital? 

Actually just picked the JC covered edition from the mailbox... So make it thursday delivery for this week.

I like my magazines in paper, never been that fussed about digital newspapers or magazines. And now that I've changed my main occupation, I stare at the screen (actually I have two) 7-9 hrs a day so reading my Speedway Star from the screen just dont feel that appealing... :blink:;)

• Like 1