British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I know that I've already praised the Speedway Star to way beyond infinity, but I MUST praise again.

I have every Speedway Star since 1959, and quite a few before, and throughout those 61-years, I've never seen a better publication than what they are producing at this moment in time.
PHILIP RISING, ANDY SKEELS, PAUL BURBIDGE, MICK SMITH, JEFF DAVIES along with DAVE FAIRBROTHER, take a bow, because you deserve it, you are all a credit to your profession.

So once again, a MASSIVE thanks from the bottom of my heart.    

They have pulled out all the stops and each week's Star is incredible value for money. Literally hours of reading. Well done the Star team - fabulous work being done. I'm still half an edition behind in reading so was not disappointed that today's issue hasn't arrived (no complaint).

Star by name, star by nature.

• Like 3

Another great issue today, especially the saga of getting riders out to Rovno in 1991. It's the perfect example of very welcome 'filler'. 

• Like 1

Personally think the star has become a better value magazine during these times. Love the stars of tomorrow pieces keep up the good work 

• Like 3

Have to agree - excellent read each week Well done and Thanks to all involved  Stay safe everyone

• Like 1

Star has certainly come up with interesting topics a good read.Well Done to All the Team:t:

• Like 1

The current issues remind us that speedway has a huge story to tell, even if there's nothing happening right now. The success of Backtrack, I suspect, is not just nostalgia, but the previously unwritten back stories - why and how things happened behind the scenes. These are things that the internet cannot provide as easily as it can provide results but along with speculation and gossip often posing as news. Sometimes it needs expert hands to establish and make sense of what is or has actually been happening and that's worth paying for.

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another great edition thank you, loads of variety Zmarzlik; Craig Cook, Michelsen; Shaun Moran interviews, Off the Beaten Track is always excellent and news too about Tim Dixon, The Ultimate Eagle rider; Jan Staechmann and especially Rovno all very interesting too.

Smashing read!...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fredbogge said:

still waiting for my copy    but then postal service is crap in this area ( Buxton )

Me to. Hopefully will arrive today?

• Like 1

Yeah try and be patient. Mail is very hit and miss. Had some things the next day. Had ages with others. And worse than that, A cd did not come at all. Replacement was sent out.

IF you have a subscription and your copy hasn't arrived, call 020 8335 1113 before 2.30pm and Dave will send a replacement

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF you have a subscription and your copy hasn't arrived, call 020 8335 1113 before 2.30pm and Dave will send a replacement

Will call tomorrow if it does not arrive.

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Me to. Hopefully will arrive today?

Not seen mine either in West Yorkshire.

Will call SS towers tomrorrow