British Speedway Forum

Postal deliveries in my area have reduced to 2 or 3 times a week, fortunately I have a digital subscription so do not have to worry about my SS but upon enquiry to the local sorting office last week I was told that there were 35 employees who had either tested positive or were self isolating as a consequence of close contact - over 60% of the team! This may be the situation elsewhere in the postal service, clearly if it is all deliveries will be impacted.

Mine has been back to its regular Thursday for a few weeks now, some great stories in recent weeks.

25 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Mine has been back to its regular Thursday for a few weeks now, some great stories in recent weeks.

THANKS Dick 

Find the Polish Correspondents articles interesting and a good insight to the people in a behind the sport over there.

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Find the Polish Correspondents articles interesting and a good insight to the people in a behind the sport over there.

THE column by Tomas Lorek has been a great addition. He is a very respected writer and broadcaster.

• Like 3

After 56 years of having the Speedway Star, I finally gave up last January..
It is sad to say they no longer give good value Stories re British  Speedway..

I hope they can financially stay afloat... if they go back to former journalism , I would come back

8 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

After 56 years of having the Speedway Star, I finally gave up last January..
It is sad to say they no longer give good value Stories re British  Speedway..

I hope they can financially stay afloat... if they go back to former journalism , I would come back

CONTENT has changed dramatically since last January. Not sure what you mean by former journalism. Could you explain? Am interested. Happy to send you a current gratis issue.

Send your address via PM or to phil@pinegen.co.uk

Edited by PHILIPRISING

11 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CONTENT has changed dramatically since last January. Not sure what you mean by former journalism. Could you explain? Am interested. Happy to send you a current gratis issue.

Send your address via PM or to phil@pinegen.co.uk

I liked full meeting journalism on British meetings to include heat details and times. I also found myself reading a small portion of the mag as opposed to cover to cover reading that I used to do.

Stopping the Speedway star was more to do with a mammoth reduction in meetings that I now attend.

Having averaged 55 meetings a year over 56 years , 2020 would have seen me attend no more than 12 meetings... so The Bspa website was sufficient for my needs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

I liked full meeting journalism on British meetings to include heat details and times. I also found myself reading a small portion of the mag as opposed to cover to cover reading that I used to do.

Stopping the Speedway star was more to do with a mammoth reduction in meetings that I now attend.

Having averaged 55 meetings a year over 56 years , 2020 would have seen me attend no more than 12 meetings... so The Bspa website was sufficient for my needs

THANKS ... still happy to send you a copy

I think the current format is great..

Race results and meeting details are available on the net instantaneously in several places so a weekly magazine doesn't really need to cover these off in any great detail for me..

A report on major meetings and a lot of 'behind the scenes' stories are perfect..

'The story behind the story' is often far more interesting...

A great read every week..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I think the current format is great..

Race results and meeting details are available on the net instantaneously in several places so a weekly magazine doesn't really need to cover these off in any great detail for me..

A report on major meetings and a lot of 'behind the scenes' stories are perfect..

'The story behind the story' is often far more interesting...

A great read every week..

I was about to say more or less the same.

I think the Star has done a first class job in the absence of domestic speedway this year. The content has been excellent and a cover to cover read for me. :t:

• Like 2

I'd say that since lockdown started I've enjoyed reading the Star more than ever. I did worry how you were going to cope in the winter without the track reviews but you've made a good start so far. The series on the KO Cup looks as if it will be a winner.

17 hours ago, Chadster said:

I'd say that since lockdown started I've enjoyed reading the Star more than ever. I did worry how you were going to cope in the winter without the track reviews but you've made a good start so far. The series on the KO Cup looks as if it will be a winner.

At least we'll be spared the highly contentious (dare I say dubious?) 'Best Matchday Programme of the Season' award!!:t:

• Like 1

I still subscribe to the Star but must admit i don,t read as much as i used to, maybe its to do with some of the "older" items, i,m just a youngster and only started watching in 1978 

• Like 1

I`ve had mine on a regular bases every Thursday right through lock down, its credit to all at Speedway Star to keep on producing a quality weekly magazine in what must be trying times both on and off track.