Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Me neither I very much prefer the paper copy, I spend enough time staring into monitors + it gives me something to read on Thursday lunchbreaks.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 11:58 AM, geoff100 said:

Double ditto going to be a long weekend with no thursday bath night with my comic 

Treble ditto although, just lately, mine has been on a Friday but caught postwoman yesterday & she said not sure what is going on!

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 12:40 PM, geoff100 said:

Anyone else getting loads of adverts on the forum now?

Yes, annoyingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say this week some delay has gone on from the moment Royal Mail got there hands on the star. Seems to be a lot of fans affected. Just a thought for you Phil but would it make sense to start sending out 2nd class, would that be a worthwhile cost saving. Seems your not really getting first class service anyway at the minute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine arrived today. i've had a few late deliveries over the years as in the friday instead of thursday. Since April this year i've had a lot of friday/saturday deliveries, which in the current climate i'm not going to moan at the Royal Mail about. Had one missing copy, phoned on the tuesday and the replacement arrived on the wednesday. Very tempted to go digital for my next renewal, Do my bit for the planet and more cost effective for Pinegen i should think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bruno said:

I would say this week some delay has gone on from the moment Royal Mail got there hands on the star. Seems to be a lot of fans affected. Just a thought for you Phil but would it make sense to start sending out 2nd class, would that be a worthwhile cost saving. Seems your not really getting first class service anyway at the minute

TEMPTING but if first class is bad how much worse would second class be? The additional hardship for us is that the cost of sending out replacement issues, which we do when possible, comes with a postage charge of over £1 for each one. It all adds up... But even this week the non-arrival of SS appears to be less than one per cent of those despatched. 

Digital has one massive advance ... it is 'delivered' at one minute past midnight each Thursday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

mine not delivered 1st time ever it's rolled over to following week hopefully monday now ??

I would have accepted a Monday delivery every week, but getting previous week's one on a Wednesday and then getting the following one on the Thursday was too much.

Edited by tyretrax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, geoff100 said:

Double ditto going to be a long weekend with no thursday bath night with my comic 

Triple ditto from Cumbria, but in slight defence of royal mail in Workington, a mate who works there !! Said a lot of staff off sick with covid/symptoms or isolation and normal winter sickness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not had mine. We've had no post for 3 days now

Luckily with no speedway actually taking place the Star isn't time specific so it doesn't really matter. It'll still be a good read when it does turn up 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

TEMPTING but if first class is bad how much worse would second class be? The additional hardship for us is that the cost of sending out replacement issues, which we do when possible, comes with a postage charge of over £1 for each one. It all adds up... But even this week the non-arrival of SS appears to be less than one per cent of those despatched. 

Digital has one massive advance ... it is 'delivered' at one minute past midnight each Thursday morning.

I must be honest and say I have been tempted to try it, Phil have you ever thought of giving subscribers one or two free digitals to try it when renewing annual subscriptions.

As an afterthought what percentage of subscribers are digital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I must be honest and say I have been tempted to try it, Phil have you ever thought of giving subscribers one or two free digitals to try it when renewing annual subscriptions.

As an afterthought what percentage of subscribers are digital.

WE might be able to do that ... will enquire. Around eight per cent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine not delivered so far this week.  Have to admit that's the 1st time it has ever been delayed until the following week.  I hope it is here Monday!

Have to say that the post in the DY2 area this week started to peter out towards the end of the week as I have yet to get other things that I was expecting Thurs., Fri., Sat. this week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time that my star is delivered later than Friday lunch time I send a complant  in to the R M . I bet if we all do this they MAY get the message that we are not at all happy with the service that they are providing . I feel very sorry for Philip and his staff who are trying to keep us up to date with excelent articals, storis of the past etc BUT are let down by the R. M .who are not providing the service which they are paying for.

I live in hope that sometime in the future all the complaints that the R.M. receive and the finds that they have paid MAY change things.

Again to Phill thanks for an excelent mag in these hard times and we all know that late mags is out of your control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy