British Speedway Forum

Anybody having issues with the exactly app. I have a Samsung Tablet and the app since its been upgraded is now downloading every magazine since 2013 to my tablet resulting in over 3gb of my memory being used. Currently in contact with exact editions, but no fix as yet

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Mine arrived on time today and what a read it is.

Some great stories this week, I particularly liked the Castagna, Tatum and Refs stories and the potted history of the KO Cup is an excellent series.

The FIM supremo certainly had some choice words for the U.K. Promoters and to be fair a lot of what he said made sense.

How far down your like list was this week`s " the gaffer`s greatest gaffer" :D

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

How far down your like list was this week`s " the gaffer`s greatest gaffer" :D

It was good Tim , another regular that’s always a good read.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

No bath night with my comic again tonight:D

Thought you only had a bath on special occasions Geoff ??:)

• Haha 1

Snail mail not got to Cumbria yet, but as last week's did not arrive till Tuesday, I've still got plenty of reading left :D

Like buses the latest 2 Speedway Stars W/E 21 & 28 November arrived together, today.  Still, I'm obviously aware of current affairs and my mags are being delivered....

Edited by martinmauger
gramar

WE will shortly be publishing details of how subscribers to the print edition of SS and who do not receive their copy by a Friday will be able to email Pinegen with their name and postcode and receive a link to that week's digital version free of charge. 

While we like to think that last week's problems with Royal Mail were abnormal, who knows? We actually did not have enough office copies to send as replacements and those that we do require a normal first class postage charge. 

We appreciate that there are those who like to keep their printed copies and we will also endeavour to send those out when necessary.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE will shortly be publishing details of how subscribers to the print edition of SS and who do not receive their copy by a Friday will be able to email Pinegen with their name and postcode and receive a link to that week's digital version free of charge. 

While we like to think that last week's problems with Royal Mail were abnormal, who knows? We actually did not have enough office copies to send as replacements and those that we do require a normal first class postage charge. 

We appreciate that there are those who like to keep their printed copies and we will also endeavour to send those out when necessary.

Hopefully it’s a one off but with covid 19 issue and Christmas just around the corner it maybe a while before things get back to “normal”

Good promotion / customer care stuff there Phil and appreciated but hopefully it won't come to that, hasn't for me so far (fingers crossed).  And we all hope 2021 is a better year than the current one has been so far, it won't be difficult....

Edited by martinmauger
added stuff

Mines arrived Friday,think we just have to accepted the situation as it’s obvious the Post Office are the problem,good to see the Star doing it’s best in difficult situation.Well Done.

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Mines arrived Friday,think we just have to accepted the situation as it’s obvious the Post Office are the problem,good to see the Star doing it’s best in difficult situation.Well Done.

BEING pedantic but the Post Office and Royal Mail are now separate entities ... Royal Mail and the Post Office are separate companies with independent Boards. Royal Mail is the company that delivers parcels and letters – the provider of the universal postal service. The Post Office is the nationwide network of branches offering a range of postal, Government and financial services.

• Thanks 1

The Mail services are not good enough t be called Crap. We at Travel plus suffer hugely from mis delivered postage..late delivery of secure 1st class..you name it they **ck it up. I would however question whether their so called "customer relations" can ever reach te depths of the legend that is known as "BT"..once we were cut off for 2 weeks without notice,warning,,claiming we hadn't paid them..incidentally we pay by direct debit. !!..amazing..we were given a special number to chase told to call them at 1630hrs..only to later find out that their office closes at 1600hrs !!!  

Good read again but on the piece about the run off for the cup in 73 much is made about collins having his clutch on the throttle side yet in the pic am sure u can see the lever and cable on the left!