British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Vic Meldrew said:

I am sick to death of posts on this thread talking about the non or late arrival of their Speedway Star magazine.

If you have a problem then contact the publishers direct or take the matter up with your local Royal Mail contact.

It was inevitable that putting the magazine in a clear plastic type envelope sends the wrong message to Royal Mail staff, i.e. it is probably junk mail and goes to the bottom of the pile for delivery.

Who cares what you think.:icon_smile_clown: The people are just letting Philip know the service is not working as it should be.Your the expert it seems though.:unsure:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vic Meldrew said:

I am sick to death of posts on this thread talking about the non or late arrival of their Speedway Star magazine.

If you have a problem then contact the publishers direct or take the matter up with your local Royal Mail contact.

It was inevitable that putting the magazine in a clear plastic type envelope sends the wrong message to Royal Mail staff, i.e. it is probably junk mail and goes to the bottom of the pile for delivery.

HAVE stated before that over 95 per cent of mags arrive on a Thursday or Friday so not so sure your argument about shrink wrapped mags stands up on a national basis.

39 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

A passing thought in regard to continuing messages regarding delivery problems of 'Speedway Star'. Why don't those unfortunately affected email the magazine directly rather than keep posting their complaints on the BSF?

MANY do ...

2 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

A passing thought in regard to continuing messages regarding delivery problems of 'Speedway Star'. Why don't those unfortunately affected email the magazine directly rather than keep posting their complaints on the BSF?

As I said in a previous post  IT is not the fault of  Speedway Star. I complain to the Royal Mail via there complaint syatem every time my mag does not arrive on a Thursday which they have to reply too. Now if everyone whose mag is late does this every time  Im sure that the Royal Mail would soon get a message that a lot of people are not happy with the service and you never know may be the P.O. Regulator my see and get involved.

8 hours ago, Vic Meldrew said:

It’s not a lot better complaining to RM, standard computer generated email in reply.

10 hours ago, Vic Meldrew said:

They put my mail order bride in a clear plastic type envelope and she turned up on time, so I don’t think it is the packaging.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Vic Meldrew said:

Clear plastic envelopes shouldn’t dictate anything, that’s the stamps job.

If the RM cannot cope with current demand it should take on more staff.

47 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Clear plastic envelopes shouldn’t dictate anything, that’s the stamps job.

If the RM cannot cope with current demand it should take on more staff.

QUITE right, that's why the address sheet is there.

Not sure why people are bothering to complain about public postal services which seem to have become the only delivery services that have got worse over the past year as everything becomes more reliant on them. The electronic version of the Spar doesn't have delivery issues. 

However, one annoyance is that I don't think the Spar can be viewed on both Android and iOS platforms with the same subscription as it needs a platform specific app. So any chance of making it available through something like Kindle? 

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Not sure why people are bothering to complain about public postal services which seem to have become the only delivery services that have got worse over the past year as everything becomes more reliant on them. The electronic version of the Spar doesn't have delivery issues. 

However, one annoyance is that I don't think the Spar can be viewed on both Android and iOS platforms with the same subscription as it needs a platform specific app. So any chance of making it available through something like Kindle? 

WILL enquire although pretty sure Kindle isn't an option.

going back a few pages . i had a tube delivered from the royal mail today , the bottom or top, depends if its up or down was missing from it . the jolly mail man said he would take it back to the depot and look into  what was once inside and get back to us on monday .  this is a true and honest post , honestly .

more news on this item on monday .

10 hours ago, jenga said:

going back a few pages . i had a tube delivered from the royal mail today , the bottom or top, depends if its up or down was missing from it . the jolly mail man said he would take it back to the depot and look into  what was once inside and get back to us on monday .  this is a true and honest post , honestly .

more news on this item on monday .

What has your lack of tube contents to do with the new format and content of the Speedway Star?

If you must, then suggest you post further nonsense of this nature under the new thread "Once the envy of the world."

8 hours ago, Vic Meldrew said:

What has your lack of tube contents to do with the new format and content of the Speedway Star?

If you must, then suggest you post further nonsense of this nature under the new thread "Once the envy of the world."

people not getting their speedway star on time or not even being delivered .. 

My Christmas Star arrived this morning. Lots of reading to take me through.

Thanks to Philip and to the whole Speedway Star team for delivering such excellent content all year long, in the face of such trying circumstances.  I very much look forward to my weekly fix. 

• Like 1