British Speedway Forum

Hi Phil,  not had mine from last week , also not had this weeks yet. is oxfordshire in this new delivery or not .

On 2/22/2021 at 9:00 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

BEGINNING with the issue dated March 10th, around 60 per cent of printed subscription copies will be delivered not by Royal Mail but NewsTeam, a rapidly expanding company that hand deliver thousands of national newspapers and periodicals every day. At present their distribution network does not cover the whole of the UK so the rest of our subscription magazines will still be handled by Royal Mail.

You may have seen newspapers like the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Telegraph and the Daily Mirror offering free delivery along with subscriptions. With more and more newsagents either closing down completely or not offering home delivery, NewsTeam are rapidly filling the gap but obviously the more newspapers and mags they can deliver the more viable their company becomes.

If we do experience any problems (which we certainly don't envisage) we can immediately switch a subscription from NewsTeam back to Royal Mail. In either case we will continue to offer a digital link to any print subscriber not receiving their copy of SS up to and including Friday of each week.

We are indebted to all those who have remained loyal to SS, no matter how you purchase it. Thank you and hopefully better times lay ahead.

Think the News Team delivery service must have delivered mine this morning, very early too (before 8 am). Couldn't understand how it was on my doormat despite having no address on it (or no envelope). Thought I was going daft, maybe it had been delivered to the wrong address and opened.

Great service though.  

Edited by moxey63

Another excellent publication this week..

Really interesting to read about previous attempts through the years to set up "development schemes" to offer up opportunities to give young UK riders a chance to progress in the sport.. 

And how they all ended pretty quickly.. 

Mostly it would appear ending up with promoters complaining after a season or two about how some teams gained big advantages by having certain riders in these positions that were of a much advanced level riding wise, and experience, to others, even though they met the criteria announced..

Sound familiar?

Re "rising stars" will it last or will history repeat itself..?

Edited by mikebv

My Star arrived about 4am this morning!

Only problem is that there's no plastic wrap, nor the good old brown envelope, so I'm worried that with the new thinner paper, on a rainy day, I'm just going to have a soggy pulpy mess stuck in the letterbox.

"Pottering Around"

Pleased to hear it wasn't just me. Thought I was going mad ... got up this morning at 7am and my Star was on the passage floor -  no wrapper no address label the delivery man must be psychic ....   ;-) 

Remarkable ... first time it has arrived on the Thursday for many many months  :-)  

As long as its pushed through my letterbox .... I am happy  :-)

Aside from the issue of the Star getting wet when left in the letter box, there could also be an issue if you are in a block of flats with a communal letter box!!  Unaddressed mail/magazines could go missing.......?!

Ah ha! Now it all adds up as I did not read this topic yesterday but received my copy of SS unwrapped & no address label so I ventured to my post office to make a complaint as I thought I must have a post person who has got a good memory of what I receive or that it was opened & read.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:28 PM, HARLEY11A said:

Hi Phil,  not had mine from last week , also not had this weeks yet. is oxfordshire in this new delivery or not .

NOT sure, need your postcode

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Aside from the issue of the Star getting wet when left in the letter box, there could also be an issue if you are in a block of flats with a communal letter box!!  Unaddressed mail/magazines could go missing.......?!

THE system can (we are told!) pick up any address in a block of flats and will leave that to Royal Mail

I WOULD add that there is a cost saving for Pinegen which, at this stage, is vital as we battle through what has been a very tough 12 months

Phil - have you decided which edition will be your 2021 Season preview issue?  That will be my new subscription start date.  Cheers.

47 minutes ago, MassMarauder said:

Phil - have you decided which edition will be your 2021 Season preview issue?  That will be my new subscription start date.  Cheers.

WE are not having one. It is over twice the cost of a regular edition and given what has happened in the last 12 months and the possibility that there might be another wave of Covid to cause the postponement of the start of the season (unlikely hopefully) we have decided that we will split the previews of the various seasons at home and abroad across several issues.

Will provide more details here asap. 

10 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE are not having one. It is over twice the cost of a regular edition and given what has happened in the last 12 months and the possibility that there might be another wave of Covid to cause the postponement of the start of the season (unlikely hopefully) we have decided that we will split the previews of the various seasons at home and abroad across several issues.

Will provide more details here asap. 

Hopefully Poland`s will be next week ( unless it was this week which i haven`t got yet)

46 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Hopefully Poland`s will be next week ( unless it was this week which i haven`t got yet)

DON"T think so but will check with Andrew Skeels

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DON"T think so but will check with Andrew Skeels

Actually the following weeks- Thursday the 1st is just before they start at Easter. Sorry for the calendar cock-up