British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Is it down to the printer or the photographer ? Probably the printer if it is the same through the whole mag. Don’t get it, so can’t say. But remember the discussion about the new kid on the block and the accusation of bullying at the beginning of the season. And one of the things that came up was the over saturation of colour in his pics. Some loved it, some didn’t

The editor or photo editor still has a lot to say about the pics. It’s called Lightroom. Plenty of your reasonably good pics have been turned explicit over the years using Lightroom... :lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

The editor or photo editor still has a lot to say about the pics. It’s called Lightroom. Plenty of your reasonably good pics have been turned explicit over the years using Lightroom... :lol:

YOU are living in the past... what's a Lightroom? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I CAN live with that statement. But then again I’m no longer involved with a printed motorsport magazine. I had a huge crash of my own, broke my arm, hit my head, had my time off and saw the light.

Doesnt matter whats software used. MP used to supply instructions how the pics were to be sent. But even he didnt demand for CMYK levels. Or whatever. There’s a man at the office looking at the screen, he approves it and it should look the same when printed.

100% subjective view.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 8:17 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

Hi Phil is there any distribution problems with the SS , I have still not received my copy.

YES... our distribution company (the same as we used prior to changing printers (in fact Bourne is far nearer their depot than was Cardiff) have admitted to several problems, especially Hemel Hempstead which handles a large area. This is as frustrating for us as you and totally out of our control but we suffer the consequences. I can only apologise, for what it's worth.

This is the latest from them: As advised there has been a problem with the supply to the Hemel Hempstead wholesale branch so all stores supplied by them would be late on-sale. Logistics have confirmed copies have now been received at Hemel and are going out to retail asap.

But that's a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

We have also had some problems with mailed subscriptions. Once again, this is an issue that baffles us. SS is now actually printed earlier (Tuesday evening) than was previously the case and is one of many magazines collected in bulk by Royal Mail from Warners in Bourne earlier than was the case from Surbiton on a Wednesday morning. Although late deliveries are relatively isolated cases they are nonetheless frustrating. 

Off to put my head in a bucket of cold water ...

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Fortunately my online subscription edition arrived on time, just after midnight Wednesday, which has saved me from getting wiss pet through walking to Tesco's over the last couple of days.

I can recommend an online subscription to anyone and everyone.

My postal copy was a day late ie on Friday but in pristine condition when it arrived.:D

20 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YES... our distribution company (the same as we used prior to changing printers (in fact Bourne is far nearer their depot than was Cardiff) have admitted to several problems, especially Hemel Hempstead which handles a large area. This is as frustrating for us as you and totally out of our control but we suffer the consequences. I can only apologise, for what it's worth.

This is the latest from them: As advised there has been a problem with the supply to the Hemel Hempstead wholesale branch so all stores supplied by them would be late on-sale. Logistics have confirmed copies have now been received at Hemel and are going out to retail asap.

But that's a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

We have also had some problems with mailed subscriptions. Once again, this is an issue that baffles us. SS is now actually printed earlier (Tuesday evening) than was previously the case and is one of many magazines collected in bulk by Royal Mail from Warners in Bourne earlier than was the case from Surbiton on a Wednesday morning. Although late deliveries are relatively isolated cases they are nonetheless frustrating. 

Off to put my head in a bucket of cold water ...

Oh for 100% digital subscriptions eh Philip? One day.......

26 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Still waiting....:unsure:

IF I could bring you a copy I would ...

My sincere apologies about the problems you are having acquiring Speedway Star. The best I can do is this:

email me your name and address and one will be posted to you on Monday

phil@pinegen.co.uk

Philip Rising

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Before the change I received my copy regularly on a Friday, since the change I get my copy every Thursday.

So no complaints here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, screm said:

Before the change I received my copy regularly on a Friday, since the change I get my copy every Thursday.

So no complaints here.

Ditto.

I took out a digital subscription, just say wish I had done it earlier.  You not only get your mag on time without fail, but unbeknown to me at the time you also have access to approx the last 3 yrs of magazines, brilliant to look back on at the touch of a button. Well done, well impressed

Got my Speedway Star today and big build up about Max Fricke on cover but I might be wrong but I think the picture is of Jamain Lidsey 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1