British Speedway Forum

Yes its getting a pain, thing is i go out at 0500 for work and the delivery is through the door at just after 4am if i get one, just the wrong item, im going to try to e mail newsteam again, i got no reply from pinegen i suppose they are as fed up with reading my e mails as i am sending them. And just post the replacement mag.

Edited by bellevueace

So phone them up on 020 8335 1113 9am-2.30pm, my copy now arrives in the clear bag and, touch wood (taps temple), gets delivered reilably.  Speaking as I find: on the rare occasions my 'Star hasn't turned up at all, say once a year, a quick call to Dave Fairbrother ( a man of few words who gets things done ) and a replacement in a brown envelope arrives the next day.  Every time :D....

Edited by martinmauger
accuracy
  • Like 3

First time the star hasn't turned up on a Thursday since the new delivery system started

Turned up about 4 o'clock still 100% Thursday delivery

Edited by bruno
  • Like 1

First time in a very, very long time that the Star has failed to turn up in the post on a Thursday. With the postal strike tomorrow and the Bank Holiday long weekend it would have been good to get it but guess the postie’s started the strike off a bit early 

Edited by GraysRocket

Anyone else having trouble with their delivery of the Star. 4th week running now it hasn’t arrived by the weekend. Hoping that with no postal strike this week it would be here on time but no. Fingers crossed for Monday 

On 7/2/2021 at 10:54 AM, bellevueace said:

Yes its getting a pain, thing is i go out at 0500 for work and the delivery is through the door at just after 4am if i get one, just the wrong item, im going to try to e mail newsteam again, i got no reply from pinegen i suppose they are as fed up with reading my e mails as i am sending them. And just post the replacement mag.

Phone Dave Fairbrother at Subscriptions ,he is brilliant guy and most helpful.He did tell me last week when I renewed my subs there was trouble with deliveries for some reason.Got mine OK today.

Edited by Fromafar

Mine was not delivered last week and emailed Speedway Star and they it came on the Saturday in the Royal Mail :t: It has not been delivered today either but will wait till tomorrow just incase as it is usually delivered early in the morning as it is not through Royal Mail but some other delivery firm round here. They are usually good as get my Rugby Paper with them on a Sunday. 

I've noticed some of the photos appear to be losing quality and sharpness lately, is this down to the different paper it's printed on or just the photographer? 

Can't answer your question, but the back page of this weeks: 1 Oct 2022 edition is a classic of the highest order. 

It is a fabulous photo given the equipment that was around at the time, but some of the pictures inside leave a bit to be desired. Only the odd one or two mind because we do have some excellent snappers who don't get the credit or reward they deserve 

In recent years the piccys in the Lakeside proggys were my standout ones. However the majority of piccys hung up in my front room are b/w from Belle Vue in the 60's. WrightWood ar his best. :D

• Like 1

I have just ordered the Speedway Star calendar. Looking forward to it getting here.