British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 9th April

On 4/8/2018 at 7:42 AM, Bagpuss said:

Looks like the rain is forecast to arrive around 8pm.....hopefully it will decide to be a couple of hours late.

Let's hope that they don't decide to take an interval and just run through the meeting. We had a rain affected meeting the other year against KL when they took an interval against a backdrop of gathering storm clouds.

On route for tonight via a few hours at Albert Dock in Liverpool, can you pay by debit / credit card on the day? Don't like carrying cash.

17 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Whats the weather doing in manchester might travel.from.cumbria 

fine and sunny f/cast to stay dry until around 9/10pm 

53 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Whats the weather doing in manchester might travel.from.cumbria 

Some weather apps say rain from 6. Some say rain from 9. 

So anyone's guess

MEETING OFF

Cheers   Mate,    I was planning to leave around 3pm. so will not now be wasting the journey.     I was thinking, especially with BV's team changes,  we stood a good chance to have got a point ....    or two.... ;)

But we will have to continue our wait for that first meeting.....      That 5 meetings I had planned to go to  that have been called off,     and its only the first week in April.   Fingers crossed for Wednesday now....

10 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Cheers   Mate,    I was planning to leave around 3pm. so will not now be wasting the journey.     I was thinking, especially with BV's team changes,  we stood a good chance to have got a point ....    or two.... ;)

But we will have to continue our wait for that first meeting.....      That 5 meetings I had planned to go to  that have been called off,     and its only the first week in April.   Fingers crossed for Wednesday now....

Glaagow fri wton sat newcastle sun and now belle vue will inform all teams when i intend to travel so it can be called off!!

• Haha 1

Have you had a deluge in Manchester ?, BBC forecast says light rain coming in at 9pm for Manchester M12. Drainage at Belle Vue is the best in the country, would have thought the track could have took that and knowing the forecast could have got a move on

2 minutes ago, New Science said:

Have you had a deluge in Manchester ?, BBC forecast says light rain coming in at 9pm for Manchester M12. Drainage at Belle Vue is the best in the country, would have thought the track could have took that and knowing the forecast could have got a move on

Does seem a strange early call off with forecasts for no rain until 9pm on.

Oh well, terrific weather in Liverpool anyway.

20 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

What the bleep is going on?

It's been raining a lot lately......

Clubs are going to need to cut their season in half at this rate! Monday's and Wednesday's up to cut off must be getting thin on the ground

Makes me wonder how much of an impact all these call-offs are having on the finances of The Clubs.  Easter must have been a massive blow as traditionally Clubs get good gates over this period.