British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Belle Vue V Kings Lynn Stars 9th April

There is very heavy rain due at 6pm and it will rain all night. It's gone very dark here now. So I would say it's the right call.

Assume with all the early rain off this year that there has been some sort of agreement at the AGM to not risk it if there is a sign of rain. We all know speedway fans a fickle and even if there is 2 minutes worth of rain they won't show up and with a lot less TV money clubs are not willing to take the risk

I was looking forward to 4 meetings over the weekend all called off " due to the forecast" if i had been inside the stadiums with rain at 7 pm could understand it but strange to call off early " due to forecast". 

Started raining here

With all the early call offs there must be an agreement between clubs to save as much as they can..

And to be fair, myself and around 500 others I am sure would have given tonight a swerve if the weather looked ropey..

The sad thing is not one rider there tonight would attract 500 extra punters over and above the usual crowd yet the weather will remove 500 due to the fact we have all felt conned in the past by getting meetings on at all cost or watching nonsense racing to get a result...

The irony is that using just a fraction of the TV money over the years for track covers would, I am sure, have given greater confidence to those 500 to attend, as more chance of a meeting being on if all the rain has fell pre start time, yet millions have been spent on riders who have very little impact on the crowd levels..

A strange business model indeed...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

Dont matter now but come on Wright for Worral, just what has Lemon got against Auty a much better replacement and record at  N S S.or DOES Wrighty live closer so cheaper travel cost.A good team manager should not have favorites he should get the best rider available for the good of the team. Come on Lemo what was the reason for your choice 

The BBC forecast was wrong, forecasting no rain until 9pm and the Met Office got it right.  The management made the correct call. Covers would save some meetings but would have been no help at all tonight.

6 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

Dont matter now but come on Wright for Worral, just what has Lemon got against Auty a much better replacement and record at  N S S.or DOES Wrighty live closer so cheaper travel cost.A good team manager should not have favorites he should get the best rider available for the good of the team. Come on Lemo what was the reason for your choice 

I can see why you say that because of Auty's performance at the NSS but he is inconsistent and Wright is a better rider overall and certainly so at PL level. I don't think there is anyone on Worrall's average who is likely to get close to his current scoring at Belle Vue but personally I would choose Wright over Auty because although Auty might do better if it's one of his good days Wright will more often score more. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I can see why you say that because of Auty's performance at the NSS but he is inconsistent and Wright is a better rider overall and certainly so at PL level. I don't think there is anyone on Worrall's average who is likely to get close to his current scoring at Belle Vue but personally I would choose Wright over Auty because although Auty might do better if it's one of his good days Wright will more often score more. 

That is going to be a problem for all clubs when looking for replacements.   Having 6 out of the 8 teams competing on the same night will always represent  a problem, when looking to get adequate cover.    The chances of replacements are limited,  and of those who are available there will always be question marks over their selection...

There are plenty of capable riders in the Championship who don't double up!

10 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Hahahahahahahahahah. Wright is well better than Josh. 

• Like 2

is Kenneth Bjerre sitting out Britain this season?

30 minutes ago, MattK said:

is Kenneth Bjerre sitting out Britain this season?

Not really by choice. He was the one who lost out most because of the 1 rider over 8 rule.

8 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Not really by choice. He was the one who lost out most because of the 1 rider over 8 rule.

I didn't realise his average was that much higher than Worrall's (8.48 v 6.77)