British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Belle Vue SGB Premiership A. 11th April 2018

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

3 good scores in 8 Steve, not a good average that. As i said Lawson will do well to get 7.

An average of 6.74 of last 6 matches isn't too bad IMHO. His career is on the up too. If Lawson scores 7 it will be a like for like replacement. Stevie has started the season well and probably would get more than that. Let's see what he scores in the B fixture. 

56 minutes ago, ouch said:

Unfortunately the rules don’t allow us to substitute a 8.66 rider in place of a 6.77 rider though I agree that if we could, it would go some way to addressing the massive disadvantage we find ourselves in. 

Being benevolent I’d happily go with your previous assessment of Steve using his scores over the years, around 7 I think. That’s from four rides whereas with Steve being our best rider at poole he’d line up in heat 15 and ride the double for us again. A 7 point average over 5 heats gives a figare of around 9, then add in the extra 3 TR points brings his match contribution to 12. 

I’ll go with your 7 point average and say if Lawson scores 12 or more then we haven’t lost out, much. 

He wouldn't have rode the double for you that's for sure.

19 hours ago, mikec said:

Can't see us getting much out of this match, despite the fact that the Aces have given Poole plenty to think about over the last 3 years. Pirates looking a really solid side this season. 

Losing Steve Worrall is an absolute hammer blow as I've commented on other thread. He has looked rapid in our meetings to date. Rides Wimborne Road well, quality on the road for Belle Vue full stop. On the plus side, Dan Bewley will get more track time at a place he has yet to shine on, all part of his development. 

Prediction: Cookie not in full flow yet & Poole not Fricke's favourite track : 53-37 Pirates.

2 hours ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

:sad: They thumped us several times last year!?! Including at Wimborne Road! Now we have dispelled the troll, we can get back to proper Poole v Belle Vue chat!

I do see Poole winning handily on Wednesday, 53-37. UP THE PIRATES!

Proof above, that in amongst all the angst & disagreement, rival fans can agree from time to time! :D

Enjoyed the Aces handing the Pirates a few defeats over the last couple of years, after years of us being mostly on the receiving end. Could well be a different story this year however, especially when Chris Holder returns to the Poole side. Poole are favourites for the title & rightly so imo. Should be some great racing for fans of both sides to enjoy in our clashes along the way, if only this damn rain would go away!

I'll return to this thread after the actual event. To childish for me.

See you all down there for hopefully a good match

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

An average of 6.74 of last 6 matches isn't too bad IMHO. His career is on the up too. If Lawson scores 7 it will be a like for like replacement. Stevie has started the season well and probably would get more than that. Let's see what he scores in the B fixture. 

Ah yeh, but im im talking individual scores not total average. He scored less than more.  yeh we will see, but i dont thik Lawson will get 7. just my opinion.

Looks like we have finally seen the back of the rain for the time being. Forecast is for a dry day tomorrow with sunny spells. Fingers crossed we can finally get our season underway. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looks like we have finally seen the back of the rain for the time being. Forecast is for a dry day tomorrow with sunny spells. Fingers crossed we can finally get our season underway. 

hopefully.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No rain here this afternoon so far. With the forcast good tomorrow, Glyn will have a fighting chance. Today, i expect there to be puddles on the turns, especially turn 3, that will b delt with, and the track will be sodden but as soon as Glyn can get on the track tomorrow he will start turning it over, and providing the forcast is correct then it should dry out reasonably quickly.  We do have a warm breeze, atm, so in the open of the stadium that is going to help although it is still a bit overcast. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Starman2006

21 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I'll return to this thread after the actual event. To childish for me.

See you all down there for hopefully a good match

Hi Phil,

I will be there for this one. Come and say hello. I usually stand by the photo stall on bend 3. Also going to IOW v Colts on thursday. You doing both?

Mateusz Szczepaniak  3,1,2,2,3= Scores in Golden Helmet qualifier 

Woryna is currently= 2,2,2,2 and one heat to ride.  

For BV fans 

Drodz(which Im cofused because he wasn't injured on Saturday or today, Can someone explain????) 

has 3,1,2 with 2 heats left to race for him. 

Drozdz now on 8 the same as Woryna. Not bad considering he is riding injured.. Shame we have a 28 day facility

Just to tell everybody Poole and BV fans. The bumper speedway star will be on sale in the club shop tomorrow night. So if you  have missed out then go along and grab one.  And at the same time im sure all Poole fans will be interested in the goodies in the shop..

Edited by Starman2006

37 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Just to tell everybody Poole and BV fans. The bumper speedway star will be on sale in the club shop tomorrow night. So if you  have missed out then go along and grab one.  And at the same time im sure all Poole fans will be interested in the goodies in the shop..

Image result for the goodies          Can't believe you managed to get these 3 in your shop:lol:.Just messing by the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Image result for the goodies          Can't believe you managed to get these 3 in your shop:lol:.Just messing by the way.

Goodies, goodie goodie yum yum..:D