British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Belle Vue SGB Premiership A. 11th April 2018

4 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Cook, Starke, Lawson, Tungate, Fricke, Etheridge, Bewley

Thanks, that's what I guessed!!

Should be a comfortable home win between 15-20 points. 

Lawson a half decent guest for Worrall but with the fact that Fricke struggles there and Cook having a few issues it should be an easy meeting for the Pirates

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

@ouch No, you need cash to pay to get in, and the food quality inside the stadium is not the greatest. I choose to have the chicken strips from the 'glass stand' when I have to eat at Wimborne Road, but they are an extortionate price. I'd recommend eating elsewhere if you can.

We always used to go to the chippy, just up from the stadium. 

They do a Speedway Special Fish and chips. Great value and tasty fish and chips! "Fishcakes" in Garland Road.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

They do a Speedway Special Fish and chips. Great value and tasty fish and chips! "Fishcakes" in Garland Road.

Yeah - that's a good shout - that chippy is okay - eaten there before. There is a curry house on the corner there too... but might be cutting it tight on time

8 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Yeah - that's a good shout - that chippy is okay - eaten there before. There is a curry house on the corner there too... but might be cutting it tight on time

Curry house isn't that special, Ive eaten there a few times with Andy & they don't sell alcohol.

Just now, OFMiles said:

Curry house isn't that special, Ive eaten there a few times with Andy & they don't sell alcohol.

Not everyone can afford a chauffeur, so not being able to drink there shouldn't be a problem!

I travelled down overnight and came through some very heavy rain. As i got closer to where im staying in Bournemouth it was drying out pretty well. Bit cloudy but plenty of blue in the sky, so its the train to poole to sample some of the good real ale watering holes then at last speedway. Immeterial to the score lets hope for some good racing. Seems we brought that Manchester sun with us :)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Not everyone can afford a chauffeur, so not being able to drink there shouldn't be a problem!

Cheeky. I'll deal with you along with Steve-see you in pits ir Champs bar!!!

kfc a short walk,and the pizza place by the chippy is buy one get one free on weds, they are excellent, especially at 2 for £8

11 minutes ago, OFMiles said:

Cheeky. I'll deal with you along with Steve-see you in pits ir Champs bar!!!

Sure, but I need to go and speak with SouthernAce about the spreadsheet for the Poole Fantasy League first. Once I've dealt with that, I'll be in Champs. 

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

KNEW a guy who bought his fish and chips there and ate them when he got home ... 70 miles away!

• Confused 1

Yuk!

I personally don’t rate that chippie at all. Chez Fred in Westbourne the best chippie in Dorset. 

Latest weather. Hazzy sunshine, mild, no threat of any rain. All good to go.

Cooks Partner just had a child today!! So congratulations. 

And Poole boys getting in some practice already should they should be ready to go at 7.30!