Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Belle Vue SGB Premiership A. 11th April 2018

Agree about keeping Starke in place of Worrall.He matched the scores of Poole's expensive foreigners and its great to give an English rider a chance.

Well done to Poole on their victory. 

Those who thought we were not weaker with a Lawson or r/r for Worrall can now see how wrong they were. In the circumstances, a remarkable away performance against the team predicted to top the league. We only needed 6 more points for a win and I can't see that Cook and Worrall wouldn't have achieved that. 

• Like 2

Tungate just proved that doing well in Aus means nothing. 

Kurtz one the Aus champ didn’t really do much that year. 

Watt did well then look what happened. 

Think Kurtz and Fricke are just proving they are the real challengers to the Polish boys for gps. 

Doing well in UK will only help in Poland and Sweden. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

:lol:

Belle Vue wouldn’t have had a better chance. Makes the win even more enjoyable. They won’t get another chance this year. Pirates will be dialled in by the next few meetings.

Pirates top of the league. Happy days!B)

Lol thick or trolling again. So Belle Vue won’t have a better chance lol deluded. Cook and Worrall 26 at Poole last time and their replacements got 4! 

What warped planet you on 

• Like 1

Another thing. 

Some changes people might not like but at least ford is trying to get more people in to watch. Was a better crowd than I thought. 

Ford also said afterwards he didn’t promote this meeting due to weather worries. Also once Holder is back that’s a huge selling point. 

6 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Well done to Poole on their victory. 

Those who thought we were not weaker with a Lawson or r/r for Worrall can now see how wrong they were. In the circumstances, a remarkable away performance against the team predicted to top the league. We only needed 6 more points for a win and I can't see that Cook and Worrall wouldn't have achieved that. 

I tell you something Aces what a performance that was to keep it as close as you did i feared it could of been a big home win.Fricke has scored 36 points from three meetings and fingers crossed he can push on Max and Kurtz are both knocking on the door of the GP series but Cook/ Worrall were both huge misses tonight.Poole will be mighty hard to beat at home but away it won't be a cakewalk at certain tracks interesting times ahead  the Robins at least beat a full strength Aces team at home that augers well for us.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gavan said:

Lol thick or trolling again. So Belle Vue won’t have a better chance lol deluded. Cook and Worrall 26 at Poole last time and their replacements got 4! 

What warped planet you on 

Cook and Worrall faced a different team last time. Yes they would probably had made the meeting closer but it wouldn't have changed the result in my opinion. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Cook and Worrall faced a different team last time. 

You would have to say Blue  hand on heart that was a weakened Belle Vue side last night also Belle Vue having guests is not ideal people will  now get to realise Worrall is a huge loss.Scunthorpe also will suffer badly in the next few weeks especially away from home  and both teams will suffer.My only gripe was that a certain poster belittled  Worrall and never give him the credit  for starting in the sport as a Third tier novice and ending up as a England International.He   probably now  is the No 1 rider in the Championship and making huge progress with the Aces just hope when he comes back he can carry on his progression a big ask i believe.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Cook and Worrall faced a different team last time. 

We all know though that Cook & Worrall would have comfortably bettered what Batch & Lawson scored.

Don't think it really matters from a Poole point of view in the grand scheme of things, they will get better and better as the season progresses as will the WR racing as the track and weather settles down. What a boost it would have been for Belle Vue to get an away win at the favourites though had they had a full side.

Edited by Bagpuss

And if my grandmother had balls, she'd be my granddad.

Foreverblue is on the money. Poole would have won regardless. It would have been closer but Poole just got better and better as the meeting went along. Who is to say that Cook and Worrall would have liked the conditions? All if, buts and maybe’s.

OK Steve Worrall, top GP star and world number one, having knocked Doyle off his mantle, was sorely missed. He would have beat Brady no problem and lapped a couple of the other Poole lads. Cook, would have just taken the P. Would have gone through the tapes in all his heats just so he could go off 15 metres to make the challenge more exciting. Then would have passed a rider a lap to win by a straight. Belle Vue would then have won by 20 points.

In truth Poole were in a vunerable position last night due to virtually no home advantage. But got dialled in to win at a canter in the end. Steve Worrall is being bigged up by some on here as some superstar. People need to get real.

Welcome everyone to the 2018 s**t shovelling season from Mr S**t Shoveller himself

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You would have to say Blue  hand on heart that was a weakened Belle Vue side last night also Belle Vue having guests is not ideal people will  now get to realise Worrall is a huge loss.Scunthorpe also will suffer badly in the next few weeks especially away from home  and both teams will suffer.My only gripe was that a certain poster belittled  Worrall and never give him the credit  for starting in the sport as a Third tier novice and ending up as a England International.He   probably now  is the No 1 rider in the Championship and making huge progress with the Aces just hope when he comes back he can carry on his progression a big ask i believe.

I think Worrall is the best British rider riding in the UK.  Fast starter and quick around all track sizes/shapes, should be British Champion this year.

As I said last night folks, we all know the truth. Ignore the propaganda :D