British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Belle Vue SGB Premiership A. 11th April 2018

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is not a  tongue in cheek  comment he hides behind that statement  all the time he has been disrespectful numerous  times about Steve Worrall would he say the same if he was a Poole rider.??

No he would not Stevie would be the bees knees because he would be a pirate .as for last night on a track which was a gaters paradise with Craig and Steve there it just may have been a different story . We will never know happy days 

• Like 1

@Sidney the robin You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

"Steve Worrall, top GP star and world number one, having knocked Doyle off his mantle, was sorely missed. He would have beat Brady no problem and lapped a couple of the other Poole lads."

If you choose to interpret that comment as anything more than a tongue in cheek jibe, then... well, I'm not sure what to say!?

Please feel free to quote these disrespectful posts as evidence. 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hate was the wrong word. Dislike would of been the right one.

It's still stupid! I don't have a problem with Ipswich cos of Gavan, I don't dislike Swindon cos of DC1/2 ( whatever his name is!) and I don't dislike Wolves cos of BWitcher or Stevebrum.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

So to be clear, Poole fans just have to take all the stick we get from the usual suspects and the latest bunch that have a bee in their bonnet? 

They can claim that Matt Ford is ruining/killing British Speedway, Poole are the most dishonourable bunch of cheats going, Poole are sore losers (showers and fireworks), blah blah blah, yet Steve posts a CLEARLY tongue in cheek comment about the loss of Steve Worrall and you go on the attack...

Just to clarify, people can make libellous statements about the Poole Pirates, but Pirates supporters shouldn't stick up for ourselves, defend the team we support and make light-hearted jibes in return. Seems fair and even-handed!!

P.S. #NeverForget #Worrall16

No you get the stick because of your arrogance and complacency and seeming inability to realise that childish gloating only offends those with a brain. You hide behind "prove it" and try to comfort yourselves that "the haters are just jealous".

No, there are serious concerns about Poole's role in the current collapse of British Speedway. The sport has lost credibility here and the never-ending 'pure coincidence' of rules being changed to suit Poole's needs is a root cause.

You boast about being champions. Try behaving like champions and you might finally get some respect. 

Blind faith isn't supporting your club or sport. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the usual Poole numpties still think Poole would have won that match if Cook and Worrall rode!!! 

Showa I guess a huge lack of knowledge of the sport. Cook and Worrall would have needed 6 each for Belle Vue to win something they would have done very easily

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What? :blink:

Looking forward to the Swindon meeting next week. The return of Batchelor. :lol:

Oh, and Brady V Morris, who is meant to be better than the Poole number one. :blink:

You really are thick as rubbish.

Never said Morris is a better rider than Kurtz

I said Morris in the top league last season averaged better than Kurtz..... that’s quite clearly a fact you can’t disagree with.

But as usual you twist a post to suit your usual crap you post.

I doubt very much Belle Vue will worry about going back to Poole with a full 1-7

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It's still stupid! I don't have a problem with Ipswich cos of Gavan, I don't dislike Swindon cos of DC1/2 ( whatever his name is!) and I don't dislike Wolves cos of BWitcher or Stevebrum.

I don't have a "problem" with Poole because of anyone on here...Where have I said that?

It's the  way they use the rules and they ain't exactly loyal to the riders. Win at any cost, also springs to mind.

I suspect i'm not the only one..

I dislike Poole for the reasons I've said.

Nothing to do with anyone on this forum !!

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

9 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

No you get the stick because of your arrogance and complacency and seeming inability to realise that childish gloating only offends those with a brain. You hide behind "prove it" and try to comfort yourselves that "the haters are just jealous".

No, there are serious concerns about Poole's role in the current collapse of British Speedway. The sport has lost credibility here and the never-ending 'pure coincidence' of rules being changed to suit Poole's needs is a root cause.

You boast about being champions. Try behaving like champions and you might finally get some respect. 

Never read a truer post

Fact is it’s only morons like Shovlar and 1 or 2 others who are the issue most of the Poole fans are decent enough 

• Like 3

Trouble is it goes on and on. It might just be funny the first time but these kind of comments have gone on for years. 

And yes it does effect how we see poole. If a pub had a load of irritating knobheads I’d choose to go elsewhere. The trouble is this is the only BSF so if you want to chat speedway here’s where you come. 

There is a very serious debate to be had about last night in the context of British speedway as a whole but it would very quickly descend into farce, so as with last night why bother?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

So the usual Poole numpties still think Poole would have won that match if Cook and Worrall rode!!! 

Showa I guess a huge lack of knowledge of the sport. Cook and Worrall would have needed 6 each for Belle Vue to win something they would have done very easily

If Cook and Worrall had scored 6 each, Belle Vue would still have lost. With Cook on 2,2,1,1 and Worral on 3,2,1,0, Belle Vue would gain 1 point in heat5, 1 point in heat 11.

I think they would have lost the TS too, as the score at heat 12 would have been 35-31, so go back 2 points. So Cook and Worrall getting 6 each makes it 49-41.

It does depend on how they get those 6 points, of course, and they would possibly have scored more than 6 anyway, but, that's what I make it on a quick run through.

9 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Sounds like you tar all Poole fans with the same brush. You do realise there is childish gloating and wind ups carried out on this forum by supporters from all clubs right? 

I stand by the fact that Matt Ford runs Poole Speedway the way he does because its his main income and his passion. Poole do bend the rules to breaking point at times, but that's because we're run by a man who wants to win. If other clubs were run by people as ambitious and dedicated to the cause as Matt Ford, then speedway would be in a better place. I'm well aware other will disagree, and that's their prerogative. 

As for the boasting about being champions, who doesn't celebrate their club's successes? How many times will people bring up Poole losing to Coventry in the final that one year? Are they boasting/gloating? 

This forum is an incredibly toxic place. Yet I can't think of a single heated argument I've had with opposing fans at any live speedway match I've been to in the 28 years I have been going. Strange that. How about people take some responsibility for their actions and words and consider what they are saying before posting? Posts like yours continue to fuel ill will. We all see the sport struggling, so why don't we try and act like adults with a common interest and start playing nice. Cut out the name calling. Be a bigger man/woman!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ouch said:

Trouble is it goes on and on. It might just be funny the first time but these kind of comments have gone on for years. 

And yes it does effect how we see poole. If a pub had a load of irritating knobheads I’d choose to go elsewhere. The trouble is this is the only BSF so if you want to chat speedway here’s where you come. 

There is a very serious debate to be had about last night in the context of British speedway as a whole but it would very quickly descend into farce, so as with last night why bother?

Exactly ouch. 

We're a niche group of weirdos that all like a niche sport, yet in our one place online where we can all commune and discuss speedway, far too many adults are acting like mouthy brats stirring up mischief and antagonising others. If your children were behaving like many on here, what would you tell them!??? 

There will always be some ribbing and wind ups, but this forum has gone long past that. And its a real shame. 

Usual anti Poole brigade out in force. Hilarious stuff this morning. Gavans rantings and getting it all wrong as usual,  Sidney saying the same crap in virtually every post on a Poole thread and even one of tv’s failed commentators sticking his usual boot into Poole and Matt Ford.

Looking forward to Swindon’s visit next week. Let’s see if the champions are good enough to defend the title.

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Usual anti Poole brigade out in force. Hilarious stuff this morning. Gavans rantings and getting it all wrong as usual,  Sidney saying the same crap in virtually every post on a Poole thread and even one of tv’s failed commentators sticking his usual boot into Poole and Matt Ford.

Looking forward to Swindon’s visit next week. Let’s see if the champions are good enough to defend the title.

I don't  part

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

People can see you for what you are    and as Gavan says that is a shame because 99 per cent of the Poole supporters are decent people.I don't hate Poole and i have always been a fan of Middlo he is Poole through and through but you when you talk Speedway you are pretty limited.The thing is i can remember when Poole had poor sides so yes i admire some of what they have done over the years and yes they would be up there in the roll of honour behind Belle Vue, 1972  certainly   on par with Coventry and Wolves also the Cradley  83 side( better than any Poole side).It is such a shame that you ruin it for the decent Poole folk who love there speedway and who can be impartial as well.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

spot on !! not a lot more to be said on this matter except if rohan would have scored his average or more the match would have been comfortable for us against the so called 2018 champs :lol: roll on monday let's see the reactions then !!