Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Belle Vue SGB Premiership A. 11th April 2018

31 minutes ago, ouch said:

He didn’t finish a race due to bike problems for his only home match. He scored 8 from 4 at Swindon. He was poor last night but your opinion of his season so for (3 matches) is a bit out imo. 

Like i say , its only early days .

Just his form is a bit of a concern, thats all 

1 hour ago, scottyfan said:

Don’t forget the starting gate is now further back and it will take a while for it to settle down and the riders to find out which are the best gates.

6 mtrs mate, wont make a hell of a lot of difference . But it was touched on in the post match conference, which i wont disclose on here. Only those that were there will know what was said...;)

Edited by Starman2006

And still one idiot keeps saying I said Morris is better than Kurtz when I never have said that once

Good job Rayc a decent fan backed me up 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Gavan said Morris is better than Kurtz, so he must be

He never ever said that Sir Arthur ,    but last year Morris was a better rider than Kurtz in the U.K and that is fact.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gavan said:

And still one idiot keeps saying I said Morris is better than Kurtz when I never have said that once

Good job Rayc a decent fan backed me up

your the only idiot on here, why don't you poodle on back to the championship

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

6 mtrs mate, wont make a hell of a lot of difference . But it was touched on in the post match conference, which i wont disclose on here. Only those that were there will know what was said...;)

Surely it's not a secret lol.It was a public event..:D

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

your the only idiot on here, why don't you poodle on back to the championship

Ah bless you little man

Once again you make an inaccurate statement about something I’ve said. You are then put right by a couple of people including a decent Poole fan and then you come back on with another little dig.

When you have been made to look foolish surely it’s best for you to say nothing at all. 

Now run along must be past your bedtime

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Ah bless you little man

Once again you make an inaccurate statement about something I’ve said. You are then put right by a couple of people including a decent Poole fan and then you come back on with another little dig.

When you have been made to look foolish surely it’s best for you to say nothing at all.

I wondered why you were still up, just realised its still the school holidays

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Question.

Was it within the rules for Belle Vue to use Batchelor? Cook was absent and no facility should have been granted as it was not illness or speedway related injury. Unless the rules have changed it should have been a CL 6 pointer. 

It's called 'in the best interest of British speedway', randomly used by any team that wants to get a facility when they want.

5 hours ago, ray c said:

Not actually correct Gavin said the averages last season said Morris was better than Brady 

Which is true. 

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

He never ever said that Sir Arthur ,    but last year Morris was a better rider than Kurtz in the U.K and that is fact.

Exactly . thats all that was ever said. You can't argue with facts.

Heat 10 is now on the SCB site for viewing - could add to the debate on track conditions.

4 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Heat 10 is now on the SCB site for viewing - could add to the debate on track conditions.

? Heard of something called rain mate. We have had plenty of it. Our track was under water in the morning as the forcast was wrong yet again, Glyn had his doubts, he worked wonders the meeting was on whats the problem ?

And surprisingly a practice at 1.30

Glyn has worked wonders so far.

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

And surprisingly a practice at 1.30

Glyn has worked wonders so far.

Yep he has mate. got to give him credit.  When he explained to me what he had done on bends 1-2 i thought good. When, we get some consistant dry weather then it will come into its  own. but at the moment he is battling against the eliments. But it will come. once we get the dry weather..,
The main thing the meeting went ahead on Weds.. Next week looks very promising..

Edited by Starman2006

12 hours ago, Gavan said:

Ah bless you little man

I do love a bit of irony!!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

it was an ok meeting,3pts is 3pts,average racing (at best),not great but an ok crowd,haven't really thought about since i left the stadium yet it somehow can generate 25 pages ??

• Like 1