British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Belle Vue SGB Premiership A. 11th April 2018

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

it was an ok meeting,3pts is 3pts,average racing (at best),not great but an ok crowd,haven't really thought about since i left the stadium yet it somehow can generate 25 pages ??

Thats what opposition fans do nowadays..:D

Edited by Starman2006

15 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Surely it's not a secret lol.It was a public event..:D

Sure it was a public event, and we have nothing to hide, but wouldnt your club like a little home track advantage. As a well known supermarket says, every little helps..;)

Belle Vue screen the post meeting Aces and Colts press conferences live on Facebook. It gives fans who don't want to or, can't stay after the meetings the opportunity to watch them whenever it suits them.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Sure it was a public event, and we have nothing to hide, but wouldnt your club like a little home track advantage. As a well known supermarket says, every little helps..;)

Don't understand quite why it's a secret still don't really bothered about it anyway :D

42 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I understand Stary... Over and out :blink::P

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Belle Vue screen the post meeting Aces and Colts press conferences live on Facebook. It gives fans who don't want to or, can't stay after the meetings the opportunity to watch them whenever it suits them.

Think that's a super idea 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Nod nod wink wink and all that over and out :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

;)

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

Think that's a super idea 

I think Speedway portal filmed it mate.

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I think Speedway portal filmed it mate.

They do for sure but broadcast it on Facebook good idea.

There's a 22 minute video on the Pirates Twitter and Facebook platforms showing interviews before the meeting with home and away riders plus the referee, followed by some action, interviews at the press conference which includes4 Poole riders, Middlo and Matt Ford.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

There's a 22 minute video on the Pirates Twitter and Facebook platforms showing interviews before the meeting with home and away riders plus the referee, followed by some action, interviews at the press conference which includes4 Poole riders, Middlo and Matt Ford.

Matt Ford really has stepped up his game on the social media side of the business. This was needed a few seasons ago but he has wised up to the fact that the online presence was lacking. Well done to the club for putting all this new media out to the Pirate fans.

I saw a video of a race from this meeting, half of it was riders off their bikes gardening, the promoters were supposed to be stopping that! I certainly wouldn't pay to watch it, so the same old rubbish that has contributed to the (almost) downfall of UK Speedway, carries on sharpening the nails and hammering them into the coffin lid.

Neil Vatcher tried to stop it but got overruled by the BSPA as usual.