British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Belle Vue SGB Premiership A. 11th April 2018

6 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Neil Vatcher tried to stop it but got overruled by the BSPA as usual.

It didn't make any sense that rule, the gardening has to be done within the 2 min rule so what is the problem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

It didn't make any sense that rule, the gardening has to be done within the 2 min rule so what is the problem.

The 'problem' is two minutes of gardening and one minute of racing.

58 minutes ago, foamfence said:

The 'problem' is two minutes of gardening and one minute of racing.

You have the 2 minutes time allowance to do what you want. You can stop all the gardening you want but the 2 minutes time allowance will still be there and riders will use all of it

18 minutes ago, New Science said:

You have the 2 minutes time allowance to do what you want. You can stop all the gardening you want but the 2 minutes time allowance will still be there and riders will use all of it

And people will stay away.

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

I doubt that is the reason people stay away!!

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well It's one of the combination.

Tracks should have a 2 minute clock on the centre green..Do what you like within the 2 mins. Note that don't mean 2 mins of doing the garden in

nearly all cases.Most riders get up to the tapes with a minute or less on the clock.Well if there was one, that is..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Quite agree dont think that is any reason why people are not going to speedway part and parcel i think

22 hours ago, foamfence said:

The 2 minute time allowance has been around for decades.  That is not the reason why people have walked away from the sport.

Edited by New Science

55 minutes ago, New Science said:

The 2 minute time allowance has been around for decades.  That is not the reason why people have walked away from the sport.

It used to be a maximum allowance, now it's taken as normal. You don't know why everyone has walked away from the sport, I did say that it was one of a combination of things.

2 minutes ago, foamfence said:

It used to be a maximum allowance, now it's taken as normal. You don't know why everyone has walked away from the sport, I did say that it was one of a combination of things.

That is what some of the refs say, they would rather get the race away as soon as the riders are at the tapes.  

Quite simple. The countdown clock is for 2 mins. Riders must be in position waiting for green light at zero. At zero the green light comes on. If a riders front wheel isn’t in position and rider ready to drop clutch, they are out.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

I would say price, lack of top riders, day of meeting, prep of track has more of a bearing of why people stop going to meetings.

28 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Agree with that Steve.

It would cut out the start marshall having to order the riders to tapes. If the rider isn’t there, they are out. The riders attitude at tapes would be sorted in an instant.