British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 11/04/18

Guess what.....there is rain in the forecast between now and 19:45 on Wednesday. No predictions from me about whether it'll be on or not as they can make you look silly but it is supposed to rain all night tonight and into tomorrow morning and then the same Tuesday night but hanging around until midday Wednesday. No sun or wind to speak of during the dry spells either.

A nice early decision on Wednesday would be appreciated.

Edited by Bagpuss

Christ, they've changed that then, was meant to be the best day of the week!! 

Looking at the forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday think that more or less rules us out of attending that’s unless they have it wrong still time for weather to change hopefully. 

55 minutes ago, Haza said:

Looking at the forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday think that more or less rules us out of attending that’s unless they have it wrong still time for weather to change hopefully. 

The weather forecast seems better now than it did a couple of hours ago.Rain looks to be stopping around 8am.So time for Buster to enjoy his breakfast and then has the rest of the day to prepare the track.That is of course if the forecast doesn't change again.

I hope he has less rain than we have in Peterborough as it’s rained for about the last 24 hours.

It's rained quite a bit here too.Forecast has changed a little bit again on the BBC but that changes all the time.The met office has the weather as dry today and pretty much dry tomorrow albeit with a little rain in the early hours of Wednesday morning.Still keeping my fingers crossed to get a match this week.

Guaranteed it will be lovely next week as i will be working and will miss the match:sad:

26 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s off according to Lynn’s website

On the BSPA website too.

Bit peed off now,working next week so will miss the Belle Vue meeting.So first meeting will be Poole on the 25th which could end up in a home loss.Don't look a very good start to Lynn's season or mine.

Another good call in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Haza said:

Depends on which forecast you look at.BBC says rain tomorrow morning until 1pm(likely to change).The Met office has it to be dry all day.Think Lynn use the Marham airbase for there forecast don't they?:unsure:

Edited by tellboy

The clubs text messaging service still in operation just had a text to say meeting postponed 

51 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Depends on which forecast you look at.BBC says rain tomorrow morning until 1pm(likely to change).The Met office has it to be dry all day.Think Lynn use the Marham airbase for there forecast don't they?:unsure:

Judging by the rain we have had in the last 24 hours I am not in the least surprised it’s off, the track must be waterlogged 

59 minutes ago, Haza said:

Going on the amount of rain we had over night I’m not surprised it’s been called off. Definitely the right decision.

Car park waterlogged too apparently. Very much the same as last weekend, lots of rain in the preceding days and a dodgy forecast with no sun or wind during the dry bits of weather. I think it's the right decision and good to be told so early. Early indications are that next week's weather should be much better. 

Seems like the Promotions are listening to the fans.   If  the weather is looking dodgy get it off, as the fans wont come.

• Like 3