British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 11/04/18

3 hours ago, Star Lady said:

I take it you don't believe myself and Bagpuss when we say the conditions are not improving. Or do you live closer than my 2 miles to the stadium?

As others have said there seems to be a collective decision amongst promoters to have early call offs this early season. I'm not in favour of them generally but this one is the correct decision.

This is Starlady reporting for the BSF, about 224 miles closer to the stadium than Steve Shovlar:P

Come on now SL, we all know that Shovlar is the forum Oracle when it comes to all things weather. Just a shame most of his expert predictions are laughably wrong.:wink:

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So basically the answer is not that the track can’t be sorted, as it probably can be, but that some fans might not turn up as Champions league football is on TV and it was a bit damp earlier on. It Sets a bad precedent. 

Poole know about bad precedents. Cough cough Poole v Lakeside cough cough.

40 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps Buster is the ultimate weather forcaster. Looks like rain about to hit Kings Lynn.

RAF Marham do the work for him I believe.

49 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps Buster is the ultimate weather forcaster. Looks like rain about to hit Kings Lynn.

Star Lady, Haza and Bagpuss have all given you very good reasons why tonight’s meeting was called off early but you clearly either don’t understand what they are saying or you don’t believe them so I thought I would add my two pennies worth.

Firstly I am a farmer something I’ve been doing for 45 years and I’m also a member of the local drainage board so I would like to think that I do know something about rain and the effects that it has on the ground.

You said in an earlier post that if there was some rain in the morning of a meeting that it should still go ahead, well yes I agree with you there but only on the assumption that we hadn’t had a lot of rain say in the 4 or 5 days leading up to that meeting, the trouble here is that we have had heavy rain virtually everyday for the last 3 weeks. Even when it hasn’t rained much like today there has been no wind or sun to start drying the track which is most definitely well into the clay base by now. If we’d have had 10/15ml of rain only this morning Buster would have easily have prepared a good racing surface but we haven’t so it is what it is. We even had a stock car meeting called off last week something I’ve never heard of before.

The weather for the weekend and next week appears to be more encouraging and in my opinion the track will only just be ready for the meeting against Belle Vue next week so tonight’s meeting,  not in a million years so great decision by KL Speedway to call it off early.

• Like 5

Whilst i was peed off it got called off yesterday it was purely because i could make this meeting.With the shifts i work i can't get to see them all so every one i can make i hate to see postponed. 

Having biked home from work an hour ago Buster has got this spot on.The weather is abysmal it is damp,actually raining and bloody cold,and with the rain we have had i can't imagine the track being in any fit condition.Think SS is just fishing again,he likes to do that,as long as it keeps him happy.

On the plus side i've managed to book 4hrs off work next week so don't have to go in until 10pm:approve:.So with the weather set fair hopefully we will get a meeting on.Hopefully get done by about 9.20pm so i can get back to Wisbech for a 10pm start.

2 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Star Lady, Haza and Bagpuss have all given you very good reasons why tonight’s meeting was called off early but you clearly either don’t understand what they are saying or you don’t believe them so I thought I would add my two pennies worth.

Firstly I am a farmer something I’ve been doing for 45 years and I’m also a member of the local drainage board so I would like to think that I do know something about rain and the effects that it has on the ground.

You said in an earlier post that if there was some rain in the morning of a meeting that it should still go ahead, well yes I agree with you there but only on the assumption that we hadn’t had a lot of rain say in the 4 or 5 days leading up to that meeting, the trouble here is that we have had heavy rain virtually everyday for the last 3 weeks. Even when it hasn’t rained much like today there has been no wind or sun to start drying the track which is most definitely well into the clay base by now. If we’d have had 10/15ml of rain only this morning Buster would have easily have prepared a good racing surface but we haven’t so it is what it is. We even had a stock car meeting called off last week something I’ve never heard of before.

The weather for the weekend and next week appears to be more encouraging and in my opinion the track will only just be ready for the meeting against Belle Vue next week so tonight’s meeting,  not in a million years so great decision by KL Speedway to call it off early.

Well said – the ground is not drying – and I'm not a farmer, but I can see that in my garden.

All the rain we have had in recent weeks has done the damage.

If it was high summer, with a hot sun, a drop of rain is helpful but in current conditions it is just hopeless trying to race.

I see Rye only got to 8 – Lynn were best to call it off early and avoid those problems.

A poor meeting and rubbish track at Poole and Rye meeting abandoned half way through.

Justice served and great call Buster Chapman, not to mug of ya punters B)

• Like 4

I'm 7 miles from track.Last rain was 5am Tuesday. They had flat track racing(bikes) the weekend .Racing could of happened imho, but  I can understand a call off.Got to be careful the obsession with weather don't take over.

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm 7 miles from track.Last rain was 5am Tuesday. They had flat track racing(bikes) the weekend .Racing could of happened imho, but  I can understand a call off.Got to be careful the obsession with weather don't take over.

Far better to call off as we did than have 8 heats like they did at Rye House then call it off all that does is pee fans off - from my point of view I’d not attended if Lynn had been on last night will take my own personal view of the weather and the likelihood of rain and conditions I and many more have been mugged too many times by speedway promotions and at £18 a meeting it not going to happen again . 

On 4/11/2018 at 11:39 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

If the carpark is flooded perhaps he should get out there and fill in the pot holes?

The swedes can relay a track in two hours. I know Buster Chapman can get a total write off of a track relaid very quickly. Seen him do it.

How long did it take Poole to sort their pot holes out?And this was where 4 riders were going at 65mph

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

They had flat track racing(bikes) the weekend 

how long did it go before it was abandoned?

On 11 April 2018 at 9:31 PM, Daniel Smith said:

A poor meeting and rubbish track at Poole and Rye meeting abandoned half way through.

Justice served and great call Buster Chapman, not to mug of ya punters B)

were you at Wimborne Road?

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

how long did it go before it was abandoned?

I don't know.But in the clip on YouTube the track didn't look to bad.

• Like 1