British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 11/04/18

Hopefully they are listening and early indications say there are and definitely some fans won’t attend unless it’s a dry settled evening guess it’s a case been mugged too many times . 

I really hope these fixtures are re-arranged when i'm not at work.May sound a bit greedy on my behalf but i miss 4 matches anyway and if these 2 are arranged when i'm at work that's one shy of missing half the season.

Bring back Saturday fixtures i say:rolleyes:.Oh i forgot Poland rule the weekends;)

Maybe Buster realises he has mugged the punters off once to often with his  'Its Defo on' claim, only for the poor sods to turn up and watch him blade off X tonnes of slope from the track and people standing about watching while drinking and eating his over priced food.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good call making an early postponement in such poor weather conditions that we are suffering at the moment.  It wouldn't really have been enjoyable for anybody in the current circumstances.  Also the club haven't had to waste money on printing the programmes, I would assume.

Onwards and upwards, and maybe the spring sunshine will be with us for next week.  

Next week will be   :t:   :cheers:  :party:  :D

3 hours ago, Haza said:

The clubs text messaging service still in operation just had a text to say meeting postponed 

Me too. Great to see the system works, even if it isn't the outcome I was hoping for.

Weather must be bad for tomorrow. Been no rain since 8.30am today..They had flat track racing over the weekend. Not having a go, just a bit surprised.

It does seem this season's malaise, postpone a day early on projected (not actual) forecasts, just in case....

• Like 1

Unbelievable. Every club is so scared of Poole that they’re even calling rain offs for matches that don’t involve the Pirates. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A complerely dry day forecast today. Buster was known for getting a track in order within a couple of hours. In fact I have been to Lynn where it has bucketed down, then he’s been out on his tractor and got it raceable again. Has he lost his appetite?

Genuine question.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A complerely dry day forecast today. Buster was known for getting a track in order within a couple of hours. In fact I have been to Lynn where it has bucketed down, then he’s been out on his tractor and got it raceable again. Has he lost his appetite?

Genuine question.

Yes only 10% chance of rain today begs the question however buster has said that the car park and track is waterlogged, whether it would improve after 1 dry day I've no idea

If the carpark is flooded perhaps he should get out there and fill in the pot holes?

The swedes can relay a track in two hours. I know Buster Chapman can get a total write off of a track relaid very quickly. Seen him do it.

It seems to me speedway has found yet another way to drive the nail deeper into it's coffin. 

Not so long ago, if it was dry on the day, a meeting would be on, regardless of how much rain over previous days and weeks. In fact I never batted an eyelid about rain on days before a meeting. All that mattered was, if it was dry on the day you knew things were going ahead. It seems now zero effort is put in... which soon makes fans think why should they put any effort in either.

If I remember rightly when Tony Mole was the promoter at Belle vue he made a statement that if it does not rain for 2 hours before tapes up the meeting will be on.

49 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If the carpark is flooded perhaps he should get out there and fill in the pot holes?

The swedes can relay a track in two hours. I know Buster Chapman can get a total write off of a track relaid very quickly. Seen him do it.

If you'd seen him you'd know its no fun for the fans to stand around for hours waiting for the track to be relaid. I'm guessing because you're so close to the Norfolk Arena you know exactly what the conditions are there currently? Who needs a weather forecast when we have Steve Shovlar on the case, best run all rain offs by him from now on.