British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marko

Lakeside Hammers vs Ipswich Witches 13/4/18

So this is the rearranged meeting from Good Friday, assume both teams will be at full strength, should be a decent meeting as both Danny King and Rory Schlien have shown their liking for our circuit in the past.

Expecting a home win and hopefully this week Alfie will have a more mature head on his shoulders and not ride himself into a frenzy, I hope they will have made some attempt to sort out the sound system because last week it was awful, and a bit more grip on the track to facilitate better racing would not go amiss either.

Early indications are weather will not be an issue.

For Witches fans making the journey, its probably been a long time since you have had to travel to Arena and whilst the M25 has behaved itself in the first two meetings (as far as I know) you would be worth coming off the A12 at Brentwood and using the A128 and A13 just in case, its slower but a very safe route, you know you will get there on time.

I predict a good spanking for the witches, between 12 and 20.  Can't see this being a very good track for a few of the witches riders, unless they have suddenly learnt how to trap, which I doubt. I'm undecided on going, I really hate the place, apart from the sweetie stall. do they still have that?

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

We still have a sweet stall. It's just one of the many many spectator facilities the Arena boasts, along with the car parking and errr did I mention the sweet stall?. :D

• Haha 2

What about the thousands of rabbit holes and droppings? Is that classed as a facility.   Can normally get a decent cup of coffee from the back straight kiosk, if that's still there.

3 hours ago, marko said:

So this is the rearranged meeting from Good Friday, assume both teams will be at full strength, should be a decent meeting as both Danny King and Rory Schlien have shown their liking for our circuit in the past.

Expecting a home win and hopefully this week Alfie will have a more mature head on his shoulders and not ride himself into a frenzy, I hope they will have made some attempt to sort out the sound system because last week it was awful, and a bit more grip on the track to facilitate better racing would not go amiss either.

Early indications are weather will not be an issue.

For Witches fans making the journey, its probably been a long time since you have had to travel to Arena and whilst the M25 has behaved itself in the first two meetings (as far as I know) you would be worth coming off the A12 at Brentwood and using the A128 and A13 just in case, its slower but a very safe route, you know you will get there on time.

Agree we need more grip on the outside, used to be plenty of it when we had AJ and Kennett in the team so no excuse not to have it like that Friday. Should see some good racing because like you said it’s a track Schlein and King go well on.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

What about the thousands of rabbit holes and droppings? Is that classed as a facility.   Can normally get a decent cup of coffee from the back straight kiosk, if that's still there.

Well if there are no longer any rabbit droppings and the coffee now tastes like sh!t then you know whats happening 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can only see a massive home win sadly, unless CL can prime the riders how to successfully ride this track

I was a little shocked to read in the Star that Zach had hurt his shoulder, after his crash the first thing I did was ask myself, is he holding his shoulder? because that was something that normally takes the hit in falls like that, the fact he didn't appear to be meant I thought he got away with it but to an extent he didn't, although at least no last damage was done.

There was a problem with bend two last week and that will hopefully been addressed ahead of tomorrows clash, we have had issues before with bend two and it needs to be kept in check.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

What about coming off the A12 at A130 and then use the A13 to the stadium? 

That is the route I would normally take but there are roadworks now almost down as far as the turn-off for South Woodham Ferrers and 50 mph limit. I've had no problems with the M25 recently which is much improved now there are 4 lanes for most of it. Just keep tuned to BBC Essex to be on the safe side.

Looking forward to our first visit of the year tomorrow evening. Need a fix, especially after tonight's last minute postponement at Swindon.

.Wrap up warm tonight Lakeside can be a chilly place early season,,Hammers should take this one with a bit to spare  .But Ipswich will be determined to improve on their performance at home to Peterborough...

• Like 1

It's always freezing with a chilly wind, even at the height of summer.

I can see there being plenty of bend 2 crashes into the air fence tonight.