British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marko

Lakeside Hammers vs Ipswich Witches 13/4/18

Perhaps that Glasgow fan wasnt so clueless after all...... :o

1 hour ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Joining up with the massif tonight, shouldn't be hard to find them as plenty of space in the small crowd.

What a night for me to be ill and miss  - probably never find out who you are now!! :D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well done lakeside and conner, some riders were shocking, don't deserve a mention.

Yep pretty much sums it up!! Felt sorry for haertel - only got 2 rides didn’t really see the sense in taking his third off him not gonna learn tracks by not riding them! Shocking decision in heat 8 to exclude the two riders btw if that’s not 4 riders making a good start and bunching I don’t know what is!!

on a side note I believe Ellis was riding the godden engine all night tonight - both man and machine impressive.

• Like 1

Not the best meeting I have seen but you can only beat what’s in front of you and I expected a bit more from the witches for a team tipped to be fighting for the title. All the Lakeside riders rode well I thought and it was good to see Alfie score his first points and for Ipswich I was impressed with Mountain with King and Schlein doing as expected. Have to agree with the earlier comment regarding heat 8 from where I was standing it looked a classic case of all four back.

Edited by liam

This lakeside team already proving itself with the home track advantage!! 

Feel the witches team is just going to start slow and build and build. 

Track still lacking a bit of grip, race times were pretty slow, but to be fair there was still some good racing, the track appeared nice and smooth and you could attack it but it was hard to generate much around the outside, probably overall better than the Peterborough match although that isn't saying much I  know.

Danny King and Rory Schlein proved their liking for the track and the former had some very good battles and literally never gave up, For Hammers Adam and Richard were really flying and Alfie will have gained a lot of confidence from tonight, he rode well and didn't panic when in points scoring positions.

Think the crowd was a little up on last week but still not what I have known down there, maybe with next weeks meeting being a league encounter, it might tempt a few more?

I think Jon said something about Ulrich Ostergaard guesting next week, I believe it might be for Adam Ellis but I could be wrong?

I, too, thought it would be all four back in Heat 8 - can only assume the second exclusion was for not being under power at the time the red light came on.

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Was that normal for the quality of racing at Lakeside ? 

It is when they ain’t racing against much.

4 minutes ago, marko said:

Track still lacking a bit of grip, race times were pretty slow, but to be fair there was still some good racing, the track appeared nice and smooth and you could attack it but it was hard to generate much around the outside, probably overall better than the Peterborough match although that isn't saying much I  know.

Danny King and Rory Schlein proved their liking for the track and the former had some very good battles and literally never gave up, For Hammers Adam and Richard were really flying and Alfie will have gained a lot of confidence from tonight, he rode well and didn't panic when in points scoring positions.

Think the crowd was a little up on last week but still not what I have known down there, maybe with next weeks meeting being a league encounter, it might tempt a few more?

I think Jon said something about Ulrich Ostergaard guesting next week, I believe it might be for Adam Ellis but I could be wrong?

I thought he said he was guesting for Ellis when we go to Berwick?

2 minutes ago, liam said:

It is when they ain’t racing against much.

Fair comment but gate 1 has sooo much of an advantage 8 heat winners... Ellis in 3 but were there any more passes for either side... could have has 1 lap dsshes

6 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Fair comment but gate 1 has sooo much of an advantage 8 heat winners... Ellis in 3 but were there any more passes for either side... could have has 1 lap dsshes

There was a bit more passing than one race but with four Ipswich riders only scoring 5 between them it’s not going to be a classic. 

Not an all time classic meeting, but enjoyable enough. I was a bit dissapointed with the Witches, but fair play to King, Schlein and Mountain for giving it a good go. The Hammers are coming along nicely, and what a great confidence booster for Alfie tonight. He seemed a much happier guy after the meeting having fretted all week about not scoring. Ellis continues to impress and with Morris and Lawson will make a very powerful spearhead. This might actually be the year we finally start collecting decent points on the road.

All the folks alongside us on the back straight stock car track also thought heat 8 should have been all 4 back. A weird decision.