British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marko

Lakeside Hammers vs Ipswich Witches 13/4/18

If it finishes too early you have to pay for your crossing!

I only live 7 miles from Lakeside, but the  meeting on Friday sums up why I would rather drive 60 miles to go to Ipswich than watch at Lakeside where the dirt is still lacking. Riders trying to go wide just went backwards as there was nothing to give them any drive. Why they decided to water the outside of the track during the meeting baffles me as there was nothing to water, and this led to the two riders coming down in heat 8 as it was like an ice rink. Both riders should've been put back in.

Congrats to Lakeside on the win, and to Connor on his impressive showing. The tactical substitute rule is a waste of time, better than the double points but you should be able to use it more than once.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bash said:

I only live 7 miles from Lakeside, but the  meeting on Friday sums up why I would rather drive 60 miles to go to Ipswich than watch at Lakeside where the dirt is still lacking. Riders trying to go wide just went backwards as there was nothing to give them any drive. Why they decided to water the outside of the track during the meeting baffles me as there was nothing to water, and this led to the two riders coming down in heat 8 as it was like an ice rink. Both riders should've been put back in.

Congrats to Lakeside on the win, and to Connor on his impressive showing. The tactical substitute rule is a waste of time, better than the double points but you should be able to use it more than once.

Tac sub should be allowed  as and when required provided team is 6 points or more in arrears .3 times would be o/k IMO

9 hours ago, Bash said:

Nobody rode wider than Richard Lawson so if 14 points is going backwards, bring it on. Adam Ellis hunted down Rory Schlein and eventually caught him on the line by riding the wide line, and I don't recall Danny King, anywhere near the inside getting his 12 points.

I agree the Tac Sub is a waste of time but I would  have it dropped altogether. The public don't pay to see riders of the calibre of Scott Nicholls and Danny King take a TR against reserves where they win easily, as happened the last two weeks.If we must have a TR it shouldn't be heatleaders replacing reserves, it should be in other heats where they have to make a race of it.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Nobody rode wider than Richard Lawson so if 14 points is going backwards, bring it on. Adam Ellis hunted down Rory Schlein and eventually caught him on the line by riding the wide line, and I don't recall Danny King, anywhere near the inside getting his 12 points.

I agree the Tac Sub is a waste of time but I would  have it dropped altogether. The public don't pay to see riders of the calibre of Scott Nicholls and Danny King take a TR against reserves where they win easily, as happened the last two weeks.If we must have a TR it shouldn't be heatleaders replacing reserves, it should be in other heats where they have to make a race of it.

If rye house keep getting beat like last night some fans might fancy coming back.