Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
JamesM09

Rye House V Leicester Lions 11/04/2018

2 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Seems like I'm the only one who think Rye will win by 10 at least. 

I think they'll win.But not sure by how much.You never know this early on.

Edited by Bald Bloke

14 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Postponed after 8 heats. 

Off after 8 is bad news from a PR perspective. 

At least in U-21 semi at Eastbourne they got to 20 – even though rain fell for virtually all the time.

People at Arlington said it would never have got that far in the "Elite" – looks like they were on the money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

At least in U-21 semi at Eastbourne they got to 20 – even though rain fell for virtually all the time.

People at Arlington said it would never have got that far in the "Elite" – looks like they were on the money.

The" better, more experienced" the riders, the more perfect track they seem to need before they ride.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

The" better, more experienced" the riders, the more perfect track they seem to need before they ride.

Very true  – Zach, Max, Connor and the rest of them just got on with it.

No whinging to the referee – out straight away.

All of them were a credit to themselves. 

They all really deserved a lap of honour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Would anyone who went like to comment on the sight lines, given recent discussions on the new 'molehills' in the centre green?

Thanks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilverLens said:

Would anyone who went like to comment on the sight lines, given recent discussions on the new 'molehills' in the centre green?

Thanks

Or did anyone take a picture?.

Stood on the back straight as usual. Almost no difference to last year. It is a bit of an eye sore but doesn't affect my view. 

Edited by KevtheRev
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

37 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Very true  – Zach, Max, Connor and the rest of them just got on with it.

No whinging to the referee – out straight away.

All of them were a credit to themselves. 

They all really deserved a lap of honour.

Fairplay but you also have to take into consideration the different types of rain. Also as those of us over 21 know youthful exuberance can easily make you do things you later regret

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

I wasn't there and cannot comment on the condition of the track or the rider safety.     I wondered if you were there or just being brave on behalf of the riders from your computer ?

Edited by Mark

Amazed the match was on as it was raining most of the day here.

What was the crowd size like?

Overall pleased with the Summers, Kennett and Robson scores but one small point, when is the manager going to get cute with heat 8? there was always a chance this meeting was going to abandoned after heat 10 yet Robbo has 2 rides (paid 5) and Clegg 3 rides (paid nil) Robbo should have been in heat 8 end of.

32 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Fairplay but you also have to take into consideration the different types of rain. Also as those of us over 21 know youthful exuberance can easily make you do things you later regret

Same rain for all.You could say that the experienced riders should handle conditions better..

• Confused 1

Conditions got a lot worse and if the referee had not stopped it when she did there could easily have been a very nasty crash.

Full marks to the promotion for trying to get through the meeting, full marks to the riders for trying their hardest to race in bad conditions and full marks to the referee for stopping it before someone was hurt.

I am now looking forward to the next meeting.

• Like 2

The track was wet before the start, and visibility was deteriorating all the time. The decision to have a tractor break after heat 4 probably scuppered any chance of getting a result. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The track was wet before the start, and visibility was deteriorating all the time. The decision to have a tractor break after heat 4 probably scuppered any chance of getting a result. 

I agree that time was used up with the grading after heat four but I suspect that without it the track would have been more dangerous earlier. A case of whatever you do it is wrong sadly.