British Speedway Forum
Stiltonpanther

Sheffield v Peterborough 12-4

No one has started a topic for this meeting with only 24 hours to go.What is the state of the track as I am coming up for this. Is it likely to be on ? 

Edited by Stiltonpanther

Weather yesterday and today is cloudy with rain or drizzle. Same for tomorrow. Sheffield unchanged from last week. No team news yet for  Peterborough.

You're right to check. It's been awful misty drizzle for the past two days, but the precipitation has been light and there's no sign of flooding on the streets round about. Forecast for tomorrow is brighter so, fingers crossed, we should be okay (but watch his space). The UK season is barely 2 weeks old but according to my calculations there have been 39 rain-offs, so you never can take things for granted!

Whatever the weather brings, the little Peterborough bubble of euphoria following the shock result at Ippo is about to get burst - you're gonna get your ass kicked, so don't come expecting a result.

Edited by 4thbender

This could be one of those seasons where the unexpected can and will happen from time to time, with there being so many decent teams in this league this year.

I thought the Ipswich team was one of the best this year and was surprised at the result against Peterborough (as no doubt were most, if not all, Witches fans) so I'm readying myself for a few more shocks in the coming months, when the weather gets a lot better!

As for tomorrow, the forecast is for rain up to 11am, but it's going to remain overcast for the rest of the day, so it depends how wet it is already. The track staff at Owlerton are brilliant though so there's a good possibility that the meeting will take place.

Home win for me, though I expect the Panthers to run us close. Lot may depend on which ully turns up and what bike Scott is using.

6 hours ago, Blackadder said:

Weather yesterday and today is cloudy with rain or drizzle. Same for tomorrow. Sheffield unchanged from last week. No team news yet for  Peterborough.

Sheffield's website:

SHEFFIELD: Kyle Howarth, Todd Kurtz, Charles Wright, Josh Bates R/R, Lasse Bjerre, Jack Smith, James Shanes.
PETERBOROUGH: Scott Nicholls, Emil Grondal, Nike Lunna, Michael Palm Toft, Ulrich Ostergaard, Tom Bacon, Simon Lambert.

and our Eric Morecambe version:

SHEFFIELD: Josh Bates R/R, Lasse Bjerre, Kyle Howarth, Todd Kurtz, James Shanes, Jack Smith, Charles Wright.
PETERBOROUGH: Tom Bacon, Emil Grondal, Simon Lambert, Nike Lunna, Scott Nicholls, Ulrich Ostergaard, Michael Palm Toft.

15 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

53-37.

will be a lot closer than that panthers have riders who can go well at owlerton , lunna grondal lambert , if oystercard turns up panthers could at least nick a pt   but wouldn't be surprised when Sheffield turn up at the showground  if they'd take all 4pts

9 minutes ago, hans fan said:

will be a lot closer than that panthers have riders who can go well at owlerton , lunna grondal lambert , if oystercard turns up panthers could at least nick a pt   but wouldn't be surprised when Sheffield turn up at the showground  if they'd take all 4pts

LAMBERT ! he has taken over oystersards slow start to the season and does not look like getting any better this year . here comes the flack lol .

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

LAMBERT ! he has taken over oystersards slow start to the season and does not look like getting any better this year . here comes the flack lol .

I wouldn't take to much notice of lamberts scores at arena or foxhole it's no secret there not tracks where lambert will score pts , owlerton is a bit like showground if you have good / fast  bikes you'll score pts