British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Swindon v Leicester 12.04.18

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Out of interest, is Hans Andersen Leicester's captain?

No, Danny King is. 

I attended a meeting v Coventry about 5 or 6 years ago. It was the first time I’d seen 1-2-3 Sarjeant in action, he scored a load from reserve, The Bees won by a lot and the meeting was abandoned as per normal after 10. An absolute monsoon and it was disgraceful that the meeting got to heat 10. I got back to the car feeling as though I’d done 50 lengths at Milton Road baths with my clothes on.

Tonight’s weather would have been the equivalent of turning up with a bbq, on Bondai Beach with a stack of tinnies.

Edited: liked the use of the word and too much. 

Edited by theblueboy

4 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

No, Danny King is. 

I'd suggest that his opinion that's been aired in hindsight, is somewhat irrelevant then.

If Batch thought it looked ok to ride ,then I couldn't of looked to bad  :P

The 2 skippers should be allowed a few laps if the safety of the riders is in doubt.

Hope Vaculik is ok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Meeting should never have started. Morris fell off on his own because the track is s**t. Vaculik then has a suspected broken leg and then surprise surprise meeting off because the track is unsafe.

Track was unsafe before Heat 1 and that is the end of the story so why don't you crawl back into your hole.

This could be a early contender for most idiotic posting on  forum

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Except Vaculik isn't Polish :rolleyes:

Steve quoted me early on that he knew his speedway   i said he was limited  he wins his  quiz Bingo night out  everyear at Poole so he must be right .!!,

It isn't necessarily about whether or not it's raining at the time of the match. What you have here is ground (all over the country) that has absorbed abnormal quantities of water with little respite and low chances of evaporation. So water will keep coming to the surface especially when the air temperature drops. Secondly, just because riders decide they want to go ahead, doesn't mean they are making the right decision.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really not a time to nit pick, is it.

Then know your stuff that would help,   oops you win the Poole quiz everyear god that is sad.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, OldRacer said:

If everyone coming off was inevitable when racing at full speed, then you've rather proved that the track wasn't fit for racing.

Nobody that i spoke to before the meeting breathed a word of the track being unsafe to ride the mist and air is so deceiving.The track by 7.30  did look raceable but heat 1 they went off hell for leather and they paid the price a recipe for disaster..

If they really did go at full speed into bend 3 then they obviously didn't think the track too bad. Experience helps sometimes.

• Like 1

Some interesting comments from Danny King about tonight’s events on the Lions website. Certainly makes the Polish way of testing the track conditions beforehand seem possibly the right way to go.

Accidents in speedway sadly will always happen, some testing to minimise risks when conditions look iffy makes sense.

1 minute ago, Mr Bump said:

Some interesting comments from Danny King about tonight’s events on the Lions website. Certainly makes the Polish way of testing the track conditions beforehand seem possibly the right way to go.

Accidents in speedway sadly will always happen, some testing to minimise risks when conditions look iffy makes sense.

Not seen the comments. But if the conditions are a concern, surely the thing to do was for both the skippers to do 4 laps each

When supporters moan about riders being soft or weak for not riding.   Tonight says "shut Up"

• Like 1

From Leicester website:

There was then a unanimous decision between riders of both sides and the referee to abandon the meeting.

Skipper Danny King said: “We thought the biggest problem beforehand would be the visibility. The track didn’t seem too wet when we walked it, and I don’t think anyone complained about it. 

“Obviously underneath it was a lot wetter but from walking on it, it seemed dry enough to race on. But it was damper than we thought, and it caught the riders out because as soon as they got to peak speed and tried to turn, none of them could.

• Like 1