British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Swindon v Leicester 12.04.18

58 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Anyway children / Hans Andersen haters. 

The following is from Nick Morris. You know the Swindon No.1

''The meeting probably shouldn't have gone ahead''

''The conditions weren't good and we shouldn't have raced''

''Its taken for someone to get hurt who probably wont race in England again after that for us to call it off''

55 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Nick Morris and Hans Andersen said the meeting shouldn't have started. 

They didn't say it before the meeting already confirmed. Those are the facts. If they were that concerned then they should have said so BEFORE the meeting started. 

Hindsight is a great thing,  they weren't concerned before as confirmed. 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

With Vaculik now out for a period, Kildemand will be finished at Poole by next week. Could make a good replacement. 

I do find it somewhat annoying when a double upper gets bigger injured riding for his Premiership club, what do you think Steve!

Check MPT'S Twitter. 

PETER FARTHING Said the following.

Michael Rosco has stated that all the riders were given the opportunity to do one lap to test the conditions . No one did.

MICHAEL PALM TOFT Replied

Never heard that.

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

Can’t believe people still come on here and bother conversing with someone so obviously spinning a lovely little line. Bite central.

Whats the point? Just ignore.

Rotten luck for the boys last night. Don’t remember the weather having quite such a disasterous effect on the start of a season, ever.

Again. Interviewed AFTER  the event you tool. 

14 riders before the event were quite happy for it to go ahead. Two have said after that it probably shouldn’t have. 

That doesnt make you right, it makes you either a troll or a complete twunt. 

Before the the event I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.  But with hindsight i’m going with both actually. 

See he what I did there ? 

• Like 2

Danny King on the SGP website

"Its difficult. I don't think you can blame anyone. It's just the conditions caught us out".

That should end any debate but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, ytsejam said:

I've said this for years!..it seems SO OBVIOUS and sensible that there must be some reason we are not aware of that is stopping this happening? or is it just that those in control of speedway really ARE that thick?!!

The shouty twins time and time again spout on that the track will get better after a few heats and so will the racing and for once, they are mostly correct as it generally does! so why is this not happening NOW? Would have stopped any injuries last night and also would have improved the "entertainment" on show for hundreds of meetings over the past years and given the (all too often forgotten) spectators better value for their hard earned money. 

The referee should have taken proper control and required the two captains to go out and test the track immediately before the scheduled start. In conditions like this, the track can change to a dangerous condition within a short time. Giving the riders the option of doing a test is wishy washy and is abdicating responsibility. The SCB should suspend the referee immediately and get to the bottom of what happened.

6 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Danny King on the SGP website

"Its difficult. I don't think you can blame anyone. It's just the conditions caught us out".

That should end any debate but I doubt it.

For those of us that were there, that's exactly how it seemed. Unfortunately, the blame culture in and around speedway leads to all and sundry weighing in without full facts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

For those of us that were there, that's exactly how it seemed. Unfortunately, the blame culture in and around speedway leads to all and sundry weighing in without full facts.

And idiots who were not there posting comments as well

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

And idiots who were not there posting comments as well

Especially ones that never goes to our beloved sport :)

37 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Again. Interviewed AFTER  the event you tool. 

14 riders before the event were quite happy for it to go ahead. Two have said after that it probably shouldn’t have. 

That doesnt make you right, it makes you either a troll or a complete twunt. 

Before the the event I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.  But with hindsight i’m going with both actually. 

See he what I did there ? 

Nick said it took someone to get hurt for us to call it off. Doesn't sound keen to race at all does he? Even before the injury to Vaculik.

Hans Andersen - Black and white it shouldn't have started. 

Palm Toft - Never heard anything about riders given an opportunity to do a lap before the meeting. Practically called Swindon's statement BS.

I have evidence you have nothing but insults and that's what people like you do when you are fighting a losing battle. 

I can go on and on but I cant be asked. Talking to you and the other lot down there is like trying to hold a conversation with Manuel from Fawlty Towers.

I think the question is whether the weather and subsequent delay contributed to the worsening of track conditions. If it did not Matt Ford Fan is correct in his assumption that the track was unfit before the first race. Usually if a meeting is called off after 1 lap its not adverse to assume that the track was not fit for racing prior to heat one 

I was down at the pits at 7 o'clock and the mist and the  moisture in the air was really deceiving, the track looked decent for the amount of rain it had taken in the week.I was more worried about the fog than the track but heat 1 was bad but it could of been a lot worse  i wish Martin a speedy recovery and hope he gets back soon.One thing that  did  hit home to me last night was how much the riders risk everytime to  race to entertain us all 

• Like 2

With hindsight Danny King says Lions' clash with Swindon that saw Martin Vaculik suffer a suspected broken ankle “shouldn’t have started."

Asked if he thought racing should have started, he replied: “Personally, no.