British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Swindon v Leicester 12.04.18

When these situations happens, it should be essential that the BSPA learn from them and make amendments to address any issues that became evident.    It is wrong to place the blame squarely on the Referee.   Track conditions can change and riders opinions can as well.    We need to have guidelines in place to react when these situations happen...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

When these situations happens, it should be essential that the BSPA learn from them and make amendments to address any issues that became evident.    It is wrong to place the blame squarely on the Referee.   Track conditions can change and riders opinions can as well.    We need to have guidelines in place to react when these situations happen...

Exactly. The idea of allowing riders from each team to feel track conditions on the bike beforehand would likely have prevented the subsequent problems. Can’t believe that would be difficult to implement. Hope someone’s listening.

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

So who has ultimate responsibility for speedway meetings? I'm presuming the referee by authority delegated to him/her from the ACU. Has to be someone in command, otherwise you get chaos with every Tom Dick and Harry trying to lay claim to being in authority. By all means the referee can listen and seek opinions, but they should be able to intervene with full authority and take charge when these situations exist, where so many variables are at play. I won't shift from my view this was caused, as most system failures are, by weak management and fully agree that it needs prompt investigation with Crystal clear directives.

• Like 2

Ill leave this here. The following is from Kyle Newman's Dad.

yes they were given the opportunity to do a lap, a parade lap with no helmets.

Therefore that is not the practice lap that Swindon and Rosco claim. Palm-Toft also knew nothing about a practice lap. Swindon lying end of story.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Ill leave this here. The following is from Kyle Newman's Dad.

yes they were given the opportunity to do a lap, a parade lap with no helmets.

Therefore that is not the practice lap that Swindon and Rosco claim. Palm-Toft also knew nothing about a practice lap. Swindon lying end of story.

The irony of this is unbelievable....Wasn’t you the one who said “i’ll Believe Hans over a riders Dad who was there” & now this....you can’t make this up. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

The irony of this is unbelievable....Wasn’t you the one who said “i’ll Believe Hans over a riders Dad who was there” & now this....you can’t make this up. 

It's laughable when you make a claim that you have previously dismissed,  sometimes people really do forget what they say and completely expose themselves. 

Although it's not like it's unexpected. 

Hopefully some good will come out of this that will save another situation like this. And a few lap practice for anyone that wants to when the conditions are anything but perfect the expected outcome. How can all the riders get the conditions so wrong on the track walk? ?? They were happy to start which says all we need to know. 

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

To make it easy for you.

I believe everyone that's not on Swindon's side. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

To make it easy for you.

I believe everyone that's not on Swindon's side. 

Learn what “hindsight & Irony” mean & then perhaps we can have an adult conversation. Other than that....bye! 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

Just now, hyabb17 said:

Learn what “hindsight & Irony” mean & then perhaps we can have an adult conversation. Other than that....bye! 

I know what it means. Swindon proven liars in the past so I don't see why I should take there word over other people's especially after the BWD fiasco last year.

You take care now. Bye bye.

34 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I know what it means. Swindon proven liars in the past so I don't see why I should take there word over other people's especially after the BWD fiasco last year.

You take care now. Bye bye.

*their.......oh dear. 

1 minute ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Oh dear indeed. 

Learn how “their” (the owner of something) & there (as in a place) works kid. 

6 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Exactly. The idea of allowing riders from each team to feel track conditions on the bike beforehand would likely have prevented the subsequent problems. Can’t believe that would be difficult to implement. Hope someone’s listening.

The Clerk of the Course offered the riders the chance to try the track out b4 the meeting. Nobody took up the offer.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, g13webb said:

Bearing in mind the number of cancelled meetings we have had since the introduction of the fixtures list I would've thought it would be imperative to amend  the list now instead of waiting till the end of the season,  like last year,   when clubs needed to play 3 or 4 meetings in a week just to get them in.. 

Surely, we are not going to do that fiasco again......         It needs to be sorted NOW.......

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Apparently 'all the riders were happy to start' so is it normal for the clerk of the course to offer riders the opportunity to 'try the track b4 the meeting' when none of the riders have complained about the track.

Maybe it is standard practice when the clerk of the course is concerned for rider safety even if the riders are 'happy', otherwise it doesn't really add up does it?

A more plausible explanation is that at least one (or more?) riders expressed concerns before the meeting prompting the offer to try the track.

There is a precedent, woofinden moaned about the nss on opening night, all the other riders were happy but the clerk of the course offered everyone a practice, which was successfully completed, but woofinden still wasn't happy and the meeting was abandoned.

The comparison with NSS opening night is an interesting one. From what I've read, and notwithstanding the issues with the track base construction, one of the factors was that track surface conditions changed within quite a short time frame, and this was associated with a drop in temperature attire allied with damp air. This being the case, and with similar atmospheric conditions applying at Swindon, those responsible for the management and control of the meeting should have taken a more pro_active approach but instead what is emerging, is a picture of anything but that. The consequences are two riders injured unnecessarily and further damage to the credibility of speedway in the UK. The Polish paymasters will of course be taking note, with possible consequences in terms of riders being allowed to race over here, and at a time when the league here desperately needs a main sponsor this is yet another good reason for a potential sponsor to have second thoughts.

• Like 1