Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Swindon v Leicester 12.04.18

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Was anyone posting on here actually at the meeting. If so, who was the referee?

The ref listed on the prog was Chris Durno.

The track conditions changed very quickly between the track walk and the start.  Riders coming back in from the track walk did not have issues.  I agree with the suggestion that it would have been a good idea if a couple of riders had tested the track about 7. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

SWINDON boss Alun Rossiter has hit back at the critics who have slammed the club for the events of the abandoned clash with Leicester.

Social media went into overdrive with various characters voicing their opinions, many of whom weren’t in attendance and aware of the full facts.

Rossiter said: “Before I go any further I just want to repeat this – everyone at Swindon Speedway would like to offer our sincere best wishes to Martin Vaculik for a quick recovery from his injury. Nobody wants to see that. Similarly Michael Palm Toft.

“There are certain issues which need addressing here and I’m keen to point out the facts. Not just opinion gleaned from reading a timeline, facts.

“I was stood with two top Leicester riders just minutes before the first race and at no time did either rider express any concerns about the track to me.

“At no time did any rider express any concerns about the track to the referee, Chris Durno.

“On the contrary, we were complimented for the way the track appeared after all the rain it had taken.

“The biggest concern was the mist and the risk to visibility – not the track.

“Our clerk of the course told riders we weren’t doing a normal parade but they were free to go out and try a lap on the track – nobody took him up on this offer.

“Nobody was forced out there, nobody was told they must go out and ride, nobody said they wouldn’t, the consensus was simply get on with it.

“I’ve read a broad spectrum of opinions and the truth is hindsight is a wonderful thing. Some riders involved have been on social media saying certain things, well why didn’t they say it to the referee, clerk of the course or myself? Anybody who knows me knows I’ll always listen, I’m a former rider remember, I want safety for the boys.

“I feel for the injured boys and feel for our fans and sponsors, it was a bad night and the weather has made this the worst possible start for the sport across the country. Speedway in the UK is in desperate need of a break in the weather, more than ever before.”

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's time to stop apportioning blame, riders got injured, no one wants to see that. Alan Rossiter has put out a statement on the Swindon website and apparently riders were offered the chance to try out the track by the Clerk of the Course but no one took up the offer.  What we should be doing is wishing the injured riders a speedy recovery and hope this awful weather that is causing havoc to the sport we love improves  so that riders, promoters and referees don't get put in the no win situation they were in last night.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Vaculik now out for a period, Kildemand will be finished at Poole by next week. Could make a good replacement. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a lack of clear command and control. All systems failures come down to this. It's no good trying to deflect the "blame" onto the riders. There should be somebody or a group of persons who have clear and unequivocal command, and carry that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mafiarule said:

This could be a early contender for most idiotic posting on  forum

I'm right end of story. Not even debateable. 

You lot can make as many excuses as you like it doesn't bother me. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dump that clutch said:

MFF ... :lol::lol:  what a plank.

 

Nope. Hans's opinion on Twitter is all I need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grachan said:

Read Danny King's comments. Nobody, including Hans Andersen, complained about the track beforehand.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Na I'm ok ill get Hans's opinion from the man himself. He should it should never have started so its crystal clear.

Anyway its happened now nothing is going to change so there is no point in continuing the conversation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a plank  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Hes the biggest joke on here. Changed teams once and never attends a live meeting. As biased as Shovlar and Starman are at least they go and support the team.

Keep going fella. Love the insults keep them coming as soon as I tell the truth people like you cant even have a sensible debate about it because you know that I'm right. 

You said the meeting shouldn't have started. Hans said the meeting shouldn't have started.

End of story its not even debateable. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A ORLOV said:

What a plank  

Whatever. Your opinion doesn't make a difference to my life so say what you like I really don't care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt Ford Fan said:

Whatever. Your opinion doesn't make a difference to my life so say what you like I really don't care. 

A nobody accepts yours kks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A ORLOV said:

A nobody accepts yours kks

I don't care. I really don't care. Not my problem if the sensitive ones don't like it. I cant be asked with all the back and forth BS with you lot at the end of the day I don't dwell on things and let the BSF run my life unlike some of you. Its happened nothing is going to change end of story.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Regarding the suggestion that riders should be allowed to "test ride" the track before the meeting - on many occasions in televised meetings one hears the comment "the track will come to the riders later in the meeting"

Therefore, wouldn't everyone - riders, mechanics and spectators - benefit from there being a practice session immediately prior to every meeting?  The bikes would be correctly set up, track conditions and (to the visiting riders) size and shape would be experienced, and the track itself would "come to the riders" earlier in the meeting - all this would improve the spectators' experience

I've said this for years!..it seems SO OBVIOUS and sensible that there must be some reason we are not aware of that is stopping this happening? or is it just that those in control of speedway really ARE that thick?!!

The shouty twins time and time again spout on that the track will get better after a few heats and so will the racing and for once, they are mostly correct as it generally does! so why is this not happening NOW? Would have stopped any injuries last night and also would have improved the "entertainment" on show for hundreds of meetings over the past years and given the (all too often forgotten) spectators better value for their hard earned money. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy