British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers v Berwick Bandits CL Friday the 13th 2018 Aprilish

Our latest attempt to get the season up and running is this Friday as we welcome the Berwick Bandits and their enthusiastic band of followers . At least we got to batter the Monarchs before Noah and his boat started sailing down Sauchiehall Street , Berwick's all singing , all dancing world famous anti rain off covers haven't been any match for the April deluge . So they're having , maybe , their first competitive fixture . 

Three ex Tigers return to the French motorcar arena , a two year veteran in the stripes - Aaron Summers , one from a dim and distant past before Edinburgh started winning anything - Kevin Doolan , and one who barely got his tyres worn , David Howe . 

Their strength is a potent looking reserve pairing , but i cant see that being enough to trouble Bomber , Richie , Claus and the rest of our 2018 Tigers in their quest to get 6 home and 6 away meeting completed this side of October . 

Rain forecast from early afternoon on Friday heavy at times.

This April shower myth is ripping the hole right out of it.

4 hours ago, Paulco said:

Our latest attempt to get the season up and running is this Friday as we welcome the Berwick Bandits and their enthusiastic band of followers . At least we got to batter the Monarchs before Noah and his boat started sailing down Sauchiehall Street , Berwick's all singing , all dancing world famous anti rain off covers haven't been any match for the April deluge . So they're having , maybe , their first competitive fixture . 

Three ex Tigers return to the French motorcar arena , a two year veteran in the stripes - Aaron Summers , one from a dim and distant past before Edinburgh started winning anything - Kevin Doolan , and one who barely got his tyres worn , David Howe . 

Their strength is a potent looking reserve pairing , but i cant see that being enough to trouble Bomber , Richie , Claus and the rest of our 2018 Tigers in their quest to get 6 home and 6 away meeting completed this side of October . 

Sorry to correct you Paulco but is Aaron not a three year veteran

10 hours ago, snapper said:

Sorry to correct you Paulco but is Aaron not a three year veteran

Train your zoom lens onto my post and see if you can find where i said he was a three year veteran :P

21 hours ago, Gazc said:

Rain forecast from early afternoon on Friday heavy at times.

This April shower myth is ripping the hole right out of it.

I suppose if it's rained off us Berwick fans can be proud that despite most people writing off our team,at least we'll have been unbeaten in our first three fixtures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Monsoon Esque rain right now, I’ll be shocked if this is on. 

It is probably wetter than last week I really can't see this going ahead with the temperature to max at 8 degrees there will be no chance the track would dry out.

As said above I will be shocked also if this beats the weather it is really getting to laughable stages now.

I notice we’ve just received an update on Twitter stating the meeting is still on as of 10.40am. 

They've posted photos on official Facebook page. Track looks OK and no more rain forecast so they seem confident it will be on 

they wont rain it off now , harris is on his way !

That would be call it off Jenga I understood what you meant though.

Good win for the tigers - 54-35 :) 

Bit of a tick the box exercise on a bitterly cold night. Doolan, Howe and Gappmaier were in amongst the points. Summers was pretty poor for a former rider and Sarjeant sat still at the tapes all night. Time for some warmer weather!