British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue V Poole SGB Prem. A. 16th April 2018

Looking forward to coming up for this one next Monday. Weather now seems to be settling down and the current forecast for Monday is a dry day in Manchester.

This has the makings of being a real thriller. Belle Vue have a decent looking lineup and will no doubt be a strong force around the NSS. Poole come to win, and there’s no reason to believe that we can’t come away with something.

Cook will no doubt be back at number one and will BV will book a guest for Steve Worrall or go with r/r?

Belle Vue

Cook

Starke

guest or r/r

Tungate

Fricke

Etheridge

Bewley

Poole

Kurtz

Woryna

Grajczonek

Sundstrom

Kildemand

Szczepaniak

Shanes.

Thoughts?

The only PL teams not riding on Monday are Kings Lynn and Swindon, which means the best riders available would be Ellis or Jorgensen. Neither would be an  adequate replacement for Worrall at the NSS just as Lawson wasn't tonight.

I would think that we shall therefore go with r/r but again it makes us weaker. Another slice of good fortune for Poole but that's the way it sometimes goes. A closer match than it might otherwise be but an Aces win by 4/6 points.

Edited by Aces51

I would sign a temp replacement for worrall and fast 

Not sure how r/r would make Belle Vue weaker at NSS. 

Fricke. 3 points.

Tungate. 3 points.

Starke 1 point.

Bewley. 2 points.

Agree with Phil that on their travels a signing is needed. 

Worrall has been on fire at the NSS this year. 13 from 5 rides in the Peter Craven meeting and 13+1 from 5 rides against Swindon. That is why r/r makes us weaker and Tungate is not guaranteed 3 points on his current form.

So far as a replacement the choices in the UK are limited with Garriitty or Lasse Bjerre being the best options but neither of those are as good as Worrall. 

11 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Worrall has been on fire at the NSS this year. 13 from 5 rides in the Peter Craven meeting and 13+1 from 5 rides against Swindon. That is why r/r makes us weaker and Tungate is not guaranteed 3 points on his current form.

So far as a replacement the choices in the UK are limited with Garriitty or Lasse Bjerre being the best options but neither of those are as good as Worrall. 

Or Eric Riss. 

Wozniak another. 

Leon Madsen.

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Or Eric Riss. 

Wozniak another. 

Leon Madsen.

Leon Madsen won’t do Uk. 

Meridan Lift owners confirmed that. Wozniak would be a good shout!! 

I don't see Eric Riss or Wozniak as being as good as and certainly no better than Garriitty or Lasse Bjerre. Madsen did well in Poland last year but no guarantee he could transfer that form to the UK as a temporary replacement. Maybe worth a punt if he was prepared to come and bring good machinery.

10 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I don't see Eric Riss or Wozniak as being as good as and certainly no better than Garriitty or Lasse Bjerre. Madsen did well in Poland last year but no guarantee he could transfer that form to the UK as a temporary replacement. Maybe worth a punt if he was prepared to come and bring good machinery.

Is there anytime scale on worrall layoff ?

14 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Madsen won’t ride here. 

He confirmed this already. 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Is there anytime scale on worrall layoff ?

I don't know. He had his operation on Tuesday so I would expect there is now more definite news on which to base an assessment. In this week's Speedway Star there are mentions of anything from 6-12 weeks but they could well have been made before the results of the operation were known.

For anyone interested Paul Suggitt is trying to raise £5000 to help Steve get the best treatment to recover from his injuries. So far over £3300 has been raised.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/stevieworrall

Edited by Aces51

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not sure how r/r would make Belle Vue weaker at NSS. 

Fricke. 3 points.

Tungate. 3 points.

Starke 1 point.

Bewley. 2 points.

Agree with Phil that on their travels a signing is needed. 

Not so sure on Tungate for 3 points the way he's started.

I think 4 of your rider's ain't seen the NSS track?

I can see the Aces leading early, and once the 2 Poles, Linus and Killer get dialled in, i think Poole will come on strong in the 2nd half of the meeting.

It's hard to judge from last nights meeting due to the poor/unexpected track conditions.No ones fault, just the freak rainfall we have had lately.Should be a good close meeting.

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

Woryna rode at the NSS in two meetings for Coventry in 2016. Suprisingly rode terribly in both meetings.  Spanner and Linus havent ridden there. The others have.

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Guy I would get if I was BV

Jaimon Lindsey 

starting for Leszno this weekend. Going to be a very good rider. 

No doubt Mark Lemon has him on his radar .....